Wife attacked

Help Support CattleToday:

Rafter S said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Rafter S said:
There was of course no excuse for what that old man did, but I wear mine in public to help protect other people. I know the cloth masks are only minimally effective, but anything is better than nothing.

Protect others? Are you sick?

Not that I know of, but it's my understanding that it's possible to transmit it in the early stages, before showing symptoms. I just don't see what the big deal is. If wearing a mask has a chance to protect me or others, especially others, I don't mind wearing it.

I know other people feel strongly that their rights are somehow being infringed upon by being asked to wear one. I don't understand why they feel that way, but I won't argue about it, so I won't be replying again on the subject.

I'm not arguing either Rafter, if a store has a "must wear" mask policy I either conform or don't enter. So far no one in my sphere of influence has come down with the China Virus so I'm either not spreading or I've never had it to begin with. I do tend to avoid large crowds but that's nothing new anyway.

I saw a guy a few days ago driving by himself in a jeep with no top wearing a mask? One has to wonder about some people.
You'll appreciate this Dave. Shipped some open's to Eugene Auction Yard last week. Nobody had a mask on. Stopped in Junction City on the way home to grab some grub at a place that traditionally serves outside. Nobody had a mask on. Headed home and saw three people alone in their rigs with masks on. Four bicycle riders at different points cruising along 99 all with masks on. :roll:

Caustic Burno said:
Rafter S said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Protect others? Are you sick?

Not that I know of, but it's my understanding that it's possible to transmit it in the early stages, before showing symptoms. I just don't see what the big deal is. If wearing a mask has a chance to protect me or others, especially others, I don't mind wearing it.

I know other people feel strongly that their rights are somehow being infringed upon by being asked to wear one. I don't understand why they feel that way, but I won't argue about it, so I won't be replying again on the subject.

It's called freedom!
You have the right to wear one, I have the right not too.

People have the right to wear nothing but speedos too, but thankfully the majority choose to add a little more clothing

76 Bar said:
I saw a guy a few days ago driving by himself in a jeep with no top wearing a mask? One has to wonder about some people.
You'll appreciate this Dave. Shipped some open's to Eugene Auction Yard last week. Nobody had a mask on. Stopped in Junction City on the way home to grab some grub at a place that traditionally serves outside. Nobody had a mask on. Headed home and saw three people alone in their rigs with masks on. Four bicycle riders at different points cruising along 99 all with masks on. :roll:

I've heard of someone wearing one going down the highway in a convertible.

I went to lunch with a couple co-workers on a Thursday, on Sunday I started showing symptoms. Wednesday and Thursday of the following week those 2 coworkers were showing symptoms. They may not have gotten it from me, but we are assuming they did. One co-worker is 30ish and only had minor symptoms. The other one is 63 severely overweight and has several other medical problems. He then infected his wife and 92 year old mother-in-law. I was feeling really bad thinking about how I could have inadvertently killed these people. They all pulled through with varying degrees of severity, praise the Lord.
So wearing a mask when you feel sick is too late.

For me, (early 50's) it was miserable for about a week with a couple trips into the ER for oxygen and an IV. Wasn't "just let me die" sick, but couldn't do anything, couldn't watch tv, read, or anything like that, lost fine motor skills, sense of smell and taste. I would get up in the morning feel ok, brush my teeth and feel exhausted and sleep for another couple hours. Probably slept 20 hours a day for a couple days. Personally it was more the mental struggle of being bored since literally everything made me nauseas. It was a little over 2 weeks of misery.

I understand people not wanting to wear a mask and don't really care if they do or don't. But if a business says they require a mask, wear a mask. If you don't want to wear a mask, go someplace else, it's not that difficult.

ChrisB said:
I went to lunch with a couple co-workers on a Thursday, on Sunday I started showing symptoms. Wednesday and Thursday of the following week those 2 coworkers were showing symptoms. They may not have gotten it from me, but we are assuming they did. One co-worker is 30ish and only had minor symptoms. The other one is 63 severely overweight and has several other medical problems. He then infected his wife and 92 year old mother-in-law. I was feeling really bad thinking about how I could have inadvertently killed these people. They all pulled through with varying degrees of severity, praise the Lord.
So wearing a mask when you feel sick is too late.

For me, (early 50's) it was miserable for about a week with a couple trips into the ER for oxygen and an IV. Wasn't "just let me die" sick, but couldn't do anything, couldn't watch tv, read, or anything like that, lost fine motor skills, sense of smell and taste. I would get up in the morning feel ok, brush my teeth and feel exhausted and sleep for another couple hours. Probably slept 20 hours a day for a couple days. Personally it was more the mental struggle of being bored since literally everything made me nauseas. It was a little over 2 weeks of misery.

I understand people not wanting to wear a mask and don't really care if they do or don't. But if a business says they require a mask, wear a mask. If you don't want to wear a mask, go someplace else, it's not that difficult.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. When people actually have a personal experience with it, it will probably change their minds. It's similar to when people boast that storms don't bother them, but when a tornado wipes out everything you own along with a family member, one tends to pay a little more attention and not be as boastful.

Stocker Steve said:
farmguy said:
She has no idea who it was. It happened in Brainerd Minnesota and we live 50 miles away. She just moved on.

Baxter is a rough town. May have to go online.

Geesh it is rougher than I thought up there I will have to be more careful next time I visit!

TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB1ldFdiRw0

That dust up wouldn't have ended so quickly had they thrown coffee on me like that.

I ain't no bada$$ and I'm pretty unconfrontational for the most part. But I can assure you, had that been me, someone would have toted an a$$ whooping. May have been me, but somebody would have got one. A good one.

JMJ Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

That dust up wouldn't have ended so quickly had they thrown coffee on me like that.

I ain't no bada$$ and I'm pretty unconfrontational for the most part. But I can assure you, had that been me, someone would have toted an a$$ whooping. May have been me, but somebody would have got one. A good one.

We are going at minimum to jail. I will walk away from confrontation, I won't an attack.

Regarding masks, my $.02 is I have 4 young kids and I just don't want to deal with it. We had ALL 4 sick with a stomach bug one year on Christmas morning. It was horrible. I think they were 7,5,3,1 at that time. They desperately wanted to open presents but had to keep stopping to puke. Worst experience ever. I don't ever wanna go through that again. We are not high risk people and not really afraid of it. Just don't want to deal with 4 sick kids. I don't give a damn if you do or don't wear a mask. I believe in freedom and liberty and the rights guaranteed to us as citizens. I also believe that businesses (not the government) have the right to require a mask as much as they have the right to not bake a cake for a gay couple for example.

HDRider said:

They should have just let the guys eat their burritos in peace and left them alone and none of that would have happened. Lol. That's pathetic that the guy who's girlfriend threw the coffee called the police. They initiated it, and that guy they threw coffee at had a right to defend himself. They should have took the butt whooping and moved on. If I was a police officer I would be really irritated getting a call from someone like that when there are people out there that really need help.

Latest posts