wierd eyes

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
This is the caver with the deer shaped head. Eyes appear too big for her head

fancy-eyes.jpg

mitchwi":1w5tt37t said:
The better to see the grass with!

Problem is that all of the white that's exposed is at the top. Just a couple of days of sun and already the whites are bloodshot from the sun

dun

I had a calf like that. As she got older they didn't bug out. I went ahead and butchered her. Figured we didn't need any more of that, could lead to a higher incidence of eye problems.

Calman":2033jq5z said:
Looks like it just dicsovered a fire ant mound.

Cal

Yup, she alwasy looks statled. It doesn;t seem to bother her at all, sure bothers me though. At weaning she's down the road. If it's genetic and something just strange that happened it;s really hard to understand since she's an F1 Polled Herford Red Angus. Other calves by that bull are ok, the other calf from the cow, this is her second calf, is good enough that we retained her as a replacement.

dun

I had a stocker this winter with one eye that would bulge out about once a month or so for a few days each time. But the whole side of his head would swell, too, like there was something behind his eye socket causing it. He weighed 97lbs at birth, so I'm thinking he might have suffered something while being squeezed out. He left Monday with the rest, thank goodness his head wasn't swelled then.

Latest posts