TCRanch keep your eyes peeled.

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills":lohxd36m said:
Bright Raven":lohxd36m said:
Wouldn't the Lord provide protection? Or is this one of the cases where he helps those whom help themselves? ;-)

BR, I have a friend that has been a preacher for over 40 years, he say that he has always heard people quote that phrase, but he has yet to find it in the scriptures. .

Thank Ben Franklin for this one. "God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. This saying is usually attributed to Ben Franklin, quoted in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757. In actuality, it originated from Algernon Sydney in 1698 in an article titled Discourses Concerning Government.

Bright Raven":19eby940 said:
Bill. To echo your words...people depending on their agenda use the ancient words of the bible, which are subject to numerous translations, to support whatever agenda they fancy at the moment. One day a verse means this....the next day it means that.

Count the number of times someone got in your face and said "the bible says this". To tell you the truth if my bible ever starts talking to me, I might become a believer but so far I have to read it. At the end of the day, my reading of it may result in an entirely different meaning than yours.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 707749002/

Bestoutwest":24eta17k said:
Bright Raven":24eta17k said:
Bill. To echo your words...people depending on their agenda use the ancient words of the bible, which are subject to numerous translations, to support whatever agenda they fancy at the moment. One day a verse means this....the next day it means that.

Count the number of times someone got in your face and said "the bible says this". To tell you the truth if my bible ever starts talking to me, I might become a believer but so far I have to read it. At the end of the day, my reading of it may result in an entirely different meaning than yours.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 707749002/

I am glad you posted that. I never thought that all those years of enforcing government laws and regulations was doing God's work. If Sessions can claim that, then it has to be right. lol

Bright Raven":2kwncslg said:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/06/16/jeff-sessions-bible-romans-13-trump-immigration-policy/707749002/

I am glad you posted that. I never thought that all those years of enforcing government laws and regulations was doing God's work. If Sessions can claim that, then it has to be right. lol[/quote]

It didn't stop when England split from the Catholic church, no no. I just find it amazing how people can twist words in so many directions to fit their needs. I'm sure there's a lawyer that will find a way to tell you the sky isn't really blue and the sun isn't shining if it meant their client was found not guilty.

Ky hills":2sexv6un said:
Bright Raven":2sexv6un said:
JMJ Farms":2sexv6un said:
Thats a first for me. I guess if you're looking to elude capture in theory you would go to the last place they expected you to be. I think church would qualify in this case. Which, as sad as it is, is why I CC my little .380 every Sunday. One never knows. You can never be over prepared. Glad they got him.

Wouldn't the Lord provide protection? Or is this one of the cases where he helps those whom help themselves? ;-)

BR, I have a friend that has been a preacher for over 40 years, he say that he has always heard people quote that phrase, but he has yet to find it in the scriptures.
You also won't find "hate the sin, love the sinner"...somebody pulled that out of their a$$

TexasBred":18omw1dz said:
You also won't find "hate the sin, love the sinner"...somebody pulled that out of their a$$

I've never heard that quoted as scripture. I always known that's just paraphrasing the teachings.

Latest posts