Why won't my rake fold up?

Help Support CattleToday:

Atimm693":3qo7jq27 said:
hurleyjd":3qo7jq27 said:
tdc_cattle":3qo7jq27 said:
lol yup that's exactly what its there for

I have Ford tractors a valtra and a case ih. The only way to use the float is to hold the control levers in that position. All of the remote controls on all of my tractors return to the neutral position when the lever is released.

Then you don't have a true float position, or aren't pushing the levers out far enough. If using a single acting cylinder, hitting the lever in the opposite direction of raising will essentially cause it to float, but it's not in the float position. There is a detent that holds the lever in the float position, if equipped.

On our Valtra 8350, only the rear two remotes have float. Our Case tractors have two remotes and both have a float position (shove them all the way out.) The symbol for float is something like this ~.

I know the Fords do not have a float. 4100, 4610, and 4630. All three have the control valve under the seat and they are either up or down with no float. Valtra 700 will check just assumed that when I pushed the handle forward it would return. My new Vermeer wheel rake has a place to pin for the wheel rake down pressure. Two cylinders and both double acting. You folks might teach an old dog a new trick.

wbvs58":2mrlzzpa said:
Bgifoot, did you get it sorted?

Ken

I've broke every other thing on the farm this week. Having better luck getting those things back going though. Maybe Saturday I can try some of these suggestions.

hurleyjd":2ro6gbxr said:
Atimm693":2ro6gbxr said:
hurleyjd":2ro6gbxr said:
I have Ford tractors a valtra and a case ih. The only way to use the float is to hold the control levers in that position. All of the remote controls on all of my tractors return to the neutral position when the lever is released.

Then you don't have a true float position, or aren't pushing the levers out far enough. If using a single acting cylinder, hitting the lever in the opposite direction of raising will essentially cause it to float, but it's not in the float position. There is a detent that holds the lever in the float position, if equipped.

On our Valtra 8350, only the rear two remotes have float. Our Case tractors have two remotes and both have a float position (shove them all the way out.) The symbol for float is something like this ~.

I know the Fords do not have a float. 4100, 4610, and 4630. All three have the control valve under the seat and they are either up or down with no float. Valtra 700 will check just assumed that when I pushed the handle forward it would return. My new Vermeer wheel rake has a place to pin for the wheel rake down pressure. Two cylinders and both double acting. You folks might teach an old dog a new trick.
My 4630 had float on the valve under the seat. Shows it in the manual.

I don't have experience with those tractors but any tractor that the float wasn't working it was because the linkage needed adjusting.

tdc_cattle":7q4z66n9 said:
I don't have experience with those tractors but any tractor that the float wasn't working it was because the linkage needed adjusting.

I've seen cables break their sleeving and fail to push all the way too. This was on a Case Maxxum 110.

hurleyjd":29k9in2o said:

Never owned one of those models, but my old 7600 has an adjustment on the valve under the seat which will make one of the remotes function as a single acting cylinder with gravity drop. It's an allen head adjustment screw with a hex locking bolt, loosen the hex nut and back the screw all the way out and tighten the nut. It gives my short lever a float position when shoved forward.

Latest posts