Why are tattoos so popular?

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":2nsupew1 said:
Please nobody take offense to this, but if I was single, I don't think I could bring myself to date a woman with a tattoo. Her body, her choice, but it's my hang up.

Same here; they just hold no attraction for me whatsoever. I can see a woman that I think is attractive, but if she has a tattoo, it just takes away from that attraction for me.

herofan":2xq1wnt1 said:
Bigfoot":2xq1wnt1 said:
Please nobody take offense to this, but if I was single, I don't think I could bring myself to date a woman with a tattoo. Her body, her choice, but it's my hang up.

Same here; they just hold no attraction for me whatsoever. I can see a woman that I think is attractive, but if she has a tattoo, it just takes away from that attraction for me.

Normally I might agree, but I knew a girl back in my single days (30-something years ago) that had a small butterfly tattoo on her shoulder. I didn't find that unattractive.

M-5":3fx2qiud said:
Aaron":3fx2qiud said:
Brute 23":3fx2qiud said:
:nod: I agree. I was never a big tattoo person unless they were ex-military but they have kind of grown on me. There is some really neat stuff out there.

I can't get behind all the piercings though... unless its a really hot chick... then I could probably look past it.

Seen that a few times and I still think it's horrid.
Still single right??

All day, every day. Like BigFoot, I have lots of hang ups. Possibly a curse, but most likely a blessing. Guy just a little older than me just paid his last check towards alimony last fall. 50k calf check, 40k went to the ex. All told she soaked him for 250k. She is a looker. Would have been financially prudent in his case to have a few hang ups. Lots of farm guys around here have gotten hooked up simply because they don't want to be alone - not a good reason to potentially risk your investment. And slowly those relationships are unraveling and things get messy.

Funny (at least to me) anecdote about tattoos.
In the 60s aboard ship a friend of mine was a barber and had tattoos on his arms, several were naked women. He was planning on getting out of the Navy and wanted to barber for a living. At that time to get a civilian barbers license you could only have tattoos that were covered and you couldn;t have a naked woman tattoo at all. He went through the surgical removal and bleaching process to get rid of them, very painful. He got out of the Navy and a month later rejoined and shipped him back to the same ship.
He didn;t see much humor in it but I thought it was hilarious.

Like Bigfoot I find tatoos very repulsive . i can't really explain why . I just never understood why someone would want to do it.
I have no problem with not setting your glass on a coaster.

Rafter S":12kepc1u said:
herofan":12kepc1u said:
Bigfoot":12kepc1u said:

Normally I might agree, but I knew a girl back in my single days (30-something years ago) that had a small butterfly tattoo on her shoulder. I didn't find that unattractive.
I bet that butterfly now looks like a saggy vulture

dun":sihqk82m said:
Rafter S":sihqk82m said:
herofan":sihqk82m said:

I bet that butterfly now looks like a saggy vulture

Probably so, but in my memories it still looks the same.

One of my daughters was a jailer for a while. She's seen tons of hidden tats on strip searches....I think i'm the only parent with 4 kids that are tat free. Jailer daughter would have been my only guess to end up with a tat, but since she worked where she did and saw what she did, she'll remain tat free by her own accord. Said age is not kind to tats, neither is added weight. Not to mention that you wont find a single criminal without a painted body...

One of our vets is the last person you would expect to have a tattoo (very religious, devoted family man) but has a "wedding band" tattooed on his ring ringer in lieu of his ring. I certainly understand why he doesn't wear his actual ring (I don't on the ranch) and find his tat endearing.

TCRanch":3mpymkj0 said:
One of our vets is the last person you would expect to have a tattoo (very religious, devoted family man) but has a "wedding band" tattooed on his ring ringer in lieu of his ring. I certainly understand why he doesn't wear his actual ring (I don't on the ranch) and find his tat endearing.

Ones like that I could do. I have even see some really nice ones for people who have lost children. A friend of mine has a small one one his shoulder for his brother who was killed in Iraq. Its not on blast and you cant tell what it is unless you ask him. Its more of a personal thing for those people... they are not trying to use their body like a billboard.

TCRanch":31xrx5av said:

I came close to the wedding band tattoo way back before it became common. I can't stand jewelry of any kind."on me" even sunglasses bother me. I kinda though me not wearing the ring bothered my bride, so I considered that. Never did it though.

I know a couple of guys that have the wedding band tattoos - they're the only tattoo I would personally consider. I'd do it if my wife minded that I don't wear a ring, but she doesn't seem to.

One or two smaller, discretely placed tattoos I don't mind, but I don't really understand the motivation. I think that often, they are trying to deny "conformity" (or as they'd probably say "express their individuality"). Sadly, that tends to come with a certain attitude as well, which probably leads back to why so many of us don't care for tattoos or the people who have them. For the most part I'm all for live and let live, but it kinda bothers me on certain folks - like school teachers...

It just dawned on me that I have a sort of tattoo. In about 5th or 6th grade the girl that was sitting in front of me got tired of me messing with her and turned around and stabbed me in the knee with her pencil. Lead broke off and left a black dot

dun":1quxm81j said:
It just dawned on me that I have a sort of tattoo. In about 5th or 6th grade the girl that was sitting in front of me got tired of me messing with her and turned around and stabbed me in the knee with her pencil. Lead broke off and left a black dot

That's gangster. How did her life turn out?

dun":1otftq7d said:
OMG, the same thing happened to me. I was in 6th grade....the most popular boy in school was sitting in front of me in PE...turned around and stabbed me with a pencil. I also have a black dot from it.. This kids name was Lacy, yes, and he was still popular. He got in all kinds of trouble for doing it and I paid the price of being made fun of for narking. Back then I was very quiet and actually a really good kid.. I had known this kid since first grade and he lived in my neighborhood. I was doing nothing to him, just minding my own business.. I got in contact with him on FB and we joked around about it. He said he has no idea what made him do it...lol...but he caught h3ll for it at home.

Brute 23":3770qvp3 said:
dun":3770qvp3 said:

That's gangster. How did her life turn out?
Have no idea. She was probably one of them that became nuns.

dun":15l06uqq said:

I have one of those. Also have some cool hypster-like scars. Many people pay people to scar them but I got all mine free of charge.

Jogeephus":28dmyzn6 said:
dun":28dmyzn6 said:

I have one of those. Also have some cool hypster-like scars. Many people pay people to scar them but I got all mine free of charge.

I have one of those too. I have about a 6", diagonal, scar across my chest on my right peck. People always ask... how did you get that scar. I just say... Id rather not talk about it. :cowboy:

Actually, I got it from stepping off a fertilizer buggy. The big straps that hold the tanks on had two ears with bolts right there where I stepped down. It was all rusted out and ran down my chest. Cut right thru my shirt and me. I ran... took my shirt off... flopped around a little... it was burning soooo bad. :oops: I looked like Ricky Bobby... Im on fire... Im on Fire... :lol2: Finally it clicked that the fertilizer was making it burn not the cut. I grabbed my water off the truck, laid on the tailgate, and kept pouring water on it until I ran out.

When it stopped burning I put a rag over it, ran some duck tape around my chest and went back to work. The guy I was working for added some steps and stuff to make it a lot easier to fill after that.

Bigfoot":pcq5u8d0 said:

But now that you're married it's okay? :lol: :lol2: :hide:

Latest posts