Who's my Mama??? (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Which cow is this steer calf's Mama??

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is there a prize for the right guess? If so, I guess one of the above....or maybe none of the above.

randiliana":1bufe5ci said:
warpaint":1bufe5ci said:
I'm going to say #2 for now. I guess it'd be out of the question to ask his age, or see a pic of the sire!

He is 185 days old in the pic, BW 109 and Weighed 583 at 185 days. ADG of 2.56 lb/day. But sorry, I'm not saying who his sire was, that would help too much.

Ok. I'm sticking to my original guess. #2

I voted #4, the skinny cows sometimes give you the best/biggest calves.

~

He does look alot like #1
The thinnest cows do milk down the most and give a huge calf like #4.

However, I will go with # 3

And mama is................#4. She is a darn good cow! In the last 4 years she had a set of twins, weaned one off at 520 lbs, bred right back and weaned off a 600 lb then just about a 700 lb and now this guy. She always looks like that, but she breeds back on time and then raises another whopper like this one. He is out of a Hereford bull.

#3 is a 3 year old that has raised basically 2 700 lb calves, wish they were all like her :D :heart:

#2 is a 3 year old also, not so good, and she may be on the chopping block with 2 < 500 lb calves :(

#1 is a 4 year old with 3 calves in the 550 - 600 lb range.

peg4x4":2n28g80v said:
#4 w/Herford bull
This is the choice I made. #4 is pretty well dragged down from nursing a hefty calf as this is. A high quality Hereford bull with balanced EPD's could produce such a calf, and poor mama is giving it her all!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":2e4lhis7 said:
peg4x4":2e4lhis7 said:
#4 w/Herford bull
This is the choice I made. #4 is pretty well dragged down from nursing a hefty calf as this is. A high quality Hereford bull with balanced EPD's could produce such a calf, and poor mama is giving it her all!

DOC HARRIS

Yeah, me too. Now I think it is # 4. ;-)

DOC HARRIS":2hlx8wqn said:
peg4x4":2hlx8wqn said:
#4 w/Herford bull

DOC HARRIS

WHOOOOHOO!!I got SOMETHING right!!!! :lol: :shock:

If you send the prize money to me Randilianna I will see that the rest of the correct guessers get their share!

Given the current exchange rate Canadian funds will be fine.
( No tuneys or Loonies and nothing bigger than hundreds pls! ). :lol:

Latest posts