Who makes the best mens compound hunting bow?

Help Support CattleToday:

• Fred Bear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mathews

• Hoyt

• PSE

• Browning

• Reflex

• Martin

• Diamond

• Parker

• Other

• Total voters

allenfarms

Reaction score

Leave which model in a comment......example...

If you chose Mathews, then add a comment telling what model have such as a Switchback etc. and what you like/don't like about it. Also, if you were to buy a bow today what would you buy?

I am fixing to buy another bow, and want to consider as many opinions as I can. Any input is appriciated. Thanks

Bows, rifles, black powder, its all a matter of opinion. A dozen people will have a dozen different answers.
I have hunted with bows for years and I like PSE cause;; well it fits me. Every one has good points and bad points just like rifles. I prefer the 700 BDL cause;;; well it fits me. Nothing wrong with the Thompson Center, Ruger, Weatherby, Winchester or any other major brand, they just don't fit me as well. On the other hand nothing wrong with major bow makers.
Try diferent ones, and buy the one that fits you the best, not the one that we like.
JMHO
Good luck, and let us know what you get. Pics of the first kill would be nice to.
D.R.

Exactly. I have tried alot of em and I like the Parker. Mathews just don't fit me. Niether do Bowtech and my buddy owns a Bowtech pro shop. Not that I don't have the money it is just about fit.

Horticattleman":nkkiam4d said:
Exactly. I have tried alot of em and I like the Parker. Mathews just don't fit me. Niether do Bowtech and my buddy owns a Bowtech pro shop. Not that I don't have the money it is just about fit.

Hc parker for me too over the year's i've learned if it don't fit you you probaly aint going to shoot it very well.The parker fit me the best.

rattler

I just bought a Mathews and it is a lot more impressive than the old bow I had. I liked the PSE, Bowtec and Mathews bows that I looked at and settled on the Mathews because it was from a "Mom & Pop" bow shop. Unfortunately I've had a bad experience with "Pop" and wish I hadn't spent almost $900 there.

Ya, I wanted the Mathews Drenaline or Hoyt Vectrix, but bought a cheaper bow, a Fred Bear Element. I shot several different bows and for the price, the Bear bows were so much cheaper in price but offered the same features as the $800-$900 bows. I hit up the ma and pa stores as well but they were much higher than what I bought my bow for on ebay. I got a really good deal on it, that way after I hunt with it and all I can sell it and get my money out of it, prob. even make a little. I did however spend much more money on my accessories. I mean I got them pretty cheap but I didnt buy cheap stuff. I am really debating on my sights the ones i want retail for 127, but i found some for 111.00 so dunno yet. not totaly set on this one sight

Here is my selections so far.......

BOW
Fred Bear Element Below is link, w/ pic and info. I didn't buy anything here though.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Fred- ... nd-bow.htm

RELEASE
Scott Archery Little Bitty Goose with RCS
Here is the release I chose, chose it b/c of the rope connection btwn. the release and the hand so you can wear this release and still use your hand w/out obstructions.

http://www.scottarchery.com/products/li ... se-rcs.tpl

QUIVER
Truglo Axis 360
This quiver is discontinued, but I really liked it and found one on ebay.

http://www.gamelandz.com/showthread.php?t=41

That's all for now, I am considering a sight that lightens and darkens according to the light/sun. It is like transition lenses.

Below is the link, the one on the link is $115, but I want the micro pins, .19 and they are $127 w/ this sight.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

Not really into all the tech stuff with the bow, so I really appreciate the fact my Reflex shoots like a rifle year in/out with little input from me.

Had to go up pull it out of the cabinet just to see what make it was. :lol:

Ty and I hunt with Martins about half the price of a Hoyt and Mathews and kill deer just as dead. Bowhunting is getting pretty pricey and gadgety lately in my opinion. Now if your asking the best broadhead I'll vote for a Montec G5 every time-I think you could shoot one through a tree trunk and still kill a deer-one of the few broadheads I've seen go through both shoulders on a book black bear. My favorite rest is a whisker biscuit-great hunting rest if you go after deerr with a bow stillhunting.

ArcheryBuck046.jpg

Here's Ty's buck from this year-5 yard shot-he snuck up on him in the tall gras.

I currently own a 2003 Matthews Q2. It is a good all around no frills bow. The rest is a Trophy ridge drop zone drop away rest, best thing since sliced bread. I also installed a "no peep" on my bow and did away with the peep sight due to my far sightedness and being right handed and left eye dominat. Now I shoot with both eyes open. Good luck

Latest posts