Help Support CattleToday:

Who likes Brahmans?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are popular across the South for crossbreeding purposes. Further north about 1/4 brahman can handle the weather. Used to be quite a few in Oregon and Washington in the areas where it doesn't get really cold.

they aren't well liked up here, heavily discounted at the sales, and aren't highly regarded by much of anybody.

LOVE Brahmans! We have registered gray Brahmans, with a few odd reds mixed in. We breed them to a continental bull, and get fantastic replacement heifers from that breeding.

I can't imagine not having Brahmans on the ranch.

We're in Texas.. so the heat tolerance is definately an issue.

I really like Gyrs. But we have no use for their properties in this environment. Now if we ever move south and still raise cattle..........

dun

ive tried to like them or their crosses in the past because i like the looks of their crosses. problem was they didnt seem to like me or many of my ideas. that got me to not liking them.

btw ruby your avatar is lovely

They make really good grandparents. However, anymore than about a 1/4 blood seems to cost a man at the market.

Cant say Ive got any use for em....but just like most breeds theyve got there place....guys in the south probably need em

Latest posts