Who has a White Christmas?

Help Support CattleToday:

We do. We have around 21 inches on the ground from the dump we got a couple weeks ago (sorry, not last week). Great for X-country skiing and snowshoeing in. :D

Merry Christmas everyone!

andybob":18k7btfo said:
We have had snow now for two weeks, still on the ground, the water is still all frozen, been breaking ice daily, cattle and sheep are not too badly affected, the outdoor pigs and wild boar have small piglets so need the ice broken and removed daily, (130 troughs!)
Hate white Christmasses, and miss the tropics at this time of the year. :help:

Gee How many pigs have you got? Have you any pictures of your farm? Merry Christmas!

IM000656.JPG

We had a light covering this morning. This was a good thing, as the Grand Girls thought it had to snow for Santa to come. Calling for 2 - 4 tonight. I can handle that, but the winds tomorrow are to reach 60 mph. That's enough to send me & Santa to the North Pole.

fitz

We've had snow on the ground since October- was deep enough by December 5th that I had to start feeding some... Have received about 3 feet altogether with about a foot and half on the level now...
Nice Christmas gift was 20 degree temps- and today the freezing fog even lifted and the sun has been shining... Altho the 25mph wind is making the grandkids sledding behing the ATV 4wheeler a little nippy!!

You are happy with 1 1/2ft of snow and 20F. Everything would be shut down here. Bet the grandkids had a ball.
And redcowsrule33 with 3ft. I can't even imagine. Keep it up there.
Merry Christmas

VanC":1u8gbv6n said:
We've had snow on the ground for about 3 weeks and it's snowing right now. Supposed to get 2-4 inches tonight. Have to do a little shoveling in the morning.

We got a little more than forcasted, about 6 inches. We had our Christmas last weekend because it was the only time we could get everyone together, so the wife and I spent a good part of the day shoveling. Did ours, an elderly neighbor's, my wife's parent's, and the oldest boy's since they're out of town. A little more than we'd bargained for.

Up to this point, I've resisted getting a snow blower because we don't really need one if all we do is our place, but the way our backs feel this morning I'm thinking I may break down and get one. Sometimes it's hard to admit that you can't do what you once could, but I guess the time has come.

Kingfisher":2j2uk9h6 said:
andybob":2j2uk9h6 said:
We have had snow now for two weeks, still on the ground, the water is still all frozen, been breaking ice daily, cattle and sheep are not too badly affected, the outdoor pigs and wild boar have small piglets so need the ice broken and removed daily, (130 troughs!)
Hate white Christmasses, and miss the tropics at this time of the year. :help:

Gee How many pigs have you got? Have you any pictures of your farm? Merry Christmas!
We only run 250 sows, producing 24 pigs/sow/year mainly rare breeds. The wild Boar number50 sows at present,weaning 16 boarlets per year. I have some pictures on my camera, I just need to get them on to photobucket. I will post some with the Angus pictures when I get some time in the new year when the staff return from leave!

We got about 1.5 inches Christmas eve and another couple inches last night. Real pretty white Christmas here in s.e. Ky.

agmantoo":3fqhzhop said:
First white Christmas here since '49!
Christmassnow-1.jpg
How long do you think it'll last? I'm afraid we'll have ours for a few months yet. They are predicting 40's by Thursday, but I have to see it to believe it, too much snow on the ground to warm up that much.

Latest posts