which Sale Barn?

Help Support CattleToday:

dewey

Reaction score
which sale barn in your area would any of you reccomend? and why? which sale barn would you not reccomend? and why? what are yalls likes and dis-likes about both? this is just to see what owners could do to improve customer relations.

I would say main factors are percentage of commission, prices received (how many order buyers do they have there) and is there hay/quality hay and water available.

ok good point there. makes good sense.

ok since folks are dodgeing these questions like its the flu. :lol: lets make it easier what are you gripes about sale barns without nameing any certain one. seems alot of folks tend to gripe about the handleing of cattle what order they are sold at some. myself i like a sale barn that has plenty of buyers and a low commission percentage. handle the cattle as easy as possible without alot of extra stress on the catte also like one where the employees are friendly and helpfull. i like to be unloaded cattle tagged and wrote up ASAP but where they are not rushing you in and out. the owner or employees take a few minutes of their time to discuss any question you have about the market etc. hello how are ya handshake and thank you go alongs ways too by the employees and owner too.

I don't like to see anyone carrying a hot shot or yelling at the cattle. I'm not against a hot shot but EVERY animal does not require its use.

Western Livestock. Would always start the bidding lower for our cattle then all of the others. Won't go back there.
Lewistown Livestock. we have always gotten a good fair price for our cattle there and always starts all cattle at the same price.

I do not want to name sale barns.
This is what I like
commission reasonable
treated equal
hay and water before sale day reasonable
good number of order buyers
auctioneer you can understand
set in near sold price
sale barn personnel that will accommodate and appreicate you
a check that will not bounce

if the check bounced once from a sale barn.id never use that barn again.we used a barn like that for awhile that had a bad rep.but we went an cornered the owner an had a talk with him.an he treated us fair because we was taking a chance on his barn.the only thing that makes a sale bad is a bad owner.

Latest posts