Which heifers to keep?

Help Support CattleToday:

The pictures are very small but from what I can tell I like the two older calve better. They seem to have a little more rib and bone than the other calf and They look a little thicker as well. La4angus don't you have something better to do that sit here and look for all my post and reply to them. Get a life!

txshowmom":1mphmd7x said:
The pictures are very small but from what I can tell I like the two older calve better. They seem to have a little more rib and bone than the other calf and They look a little thicker as well. La4angus don't you have something better to do that sit here and look for all my post and reply to them. Get a life!
If you are going to give out advice you should also be able to give a reason for your advice.
I would personally keep the youngest calf as she is the gentlest, and get rid of the 2 spookiest ones. Who needs an attitude problem in their herd.
The youngest is as good or better than the other 2 and only about 5 weeks younger. Are all of your replacements calved less than 5 weeks apart in a herd that you run your bulls year around.
Learn some basic management.

yeah but most yearling heifers are a little jumpy b/c they havent been worked as much as older cows. 9 times out of 10 they outgrow that pretty quick. of course every now and then you have a maneater but i dont think that is the case here. there is a difference between "a little spooky" and an attitude problem.

Latest posts