Which brand of minerals

Help Support CattleToday:

ollie":330raquy said:
Bill have you tried caviar, pate', olives, little smokies, fresh samon, or my personal favorite gravy? You'd be supprised how elegante of an appearance your LH would have drinking from stemware and eating from a saucer.

LOL! Nope...wouldn't feed that junk to my cattle (maybe to worst enemy).

Seriously, our per A.U. cost for minerals, hay, etc., is well within 1 standard deviation of national cost figures. We're raising seedstock, not sale barn animals. We don't pamper feed our animals--just give them good nutrition. [On a sidebar: the longhorn skeptics may jest, etc., however, we don't even "know" what a "sick" longhorn is or one that has to be given special medications from calving on...]. We DO give all vaccinations and 2X year de-worming.

hey mr. ollie thats purdy gol dern funny. all that caviar and pate' and other stuff sure sounds mighty good but don't forget about something to drink with all them fancy vittles. may be them cattle would like some cold evian water in there water troffs during the day and then a nice chardonnay wine later on in the evening. then at nite may be a little sing a long and cowboy seranade like they do in the movies then a shot of some amaretto and off to bed for a good nites sleep before another hard day on the range. :D

I rember reading here some times about how them longhorns are imune or real resistent to most all of the bad stuff cattle can get like disease and bugs and ticks and such, and how they got that way cause of natural selection and survival of the fitest. and how they eat a lot of junk other cows wont touch. but then it kinda tickels me a little cause it looks like some of them longhorns sure do get pampered with some real fine hay and nice grain feed, 30% licking tubs and worming and fancy fly treatment and dang near all the shots and vacines a man can think of. you think may be even central heat and a.c. is a coming for them :?:

Latest posts