Best use of old stock trailer

Help Support CattleToday:

BFE

Reaction score
I have an old24ft trailer with two cuts. I've been debating on the best way to use it. I've considered making it an alley way or settling up feeders along the length to make a feed bunk/catch pen. Ideas?

I've always thought about replacing the slide door on my back door with a head gate. Run the cattle in the trailer and make the head gate the exit. Portable corral and could still be used to move cattle

I've always thought about replacing the slide door on my back door with a head gate. Run the cattle in the trailer and make the head gate the exit. Portable corral and could still be used to move cattle
I have a single alley. I thought about funneling out the trailer to the single lane then I can set my el cheapo head gate/chute up to that.
We took an old livestock straight truck box set it on the ground, made a creep gate in the back door, added a feed bunk and had a cheap creep feeder.
I'll take it off the axles for sure.

I have a single alley. I thought about funneling out the trailer to the single lane then I can set my el cheapo head gate/chute up to that.

I'll take it off the axles for sure.
Used to help a guy in college load fat hogs through an old trailer. They put a loading chute up to the escape door. Hogs went in the back and out the escape door, up the ramp onto a semi.

Anything passed it's useful life, I cut into usable pieces of metal stock or wood stock.
It doesn't matter what it is... it can be an old gate. I will cut it up in pieces and store it because I'm always needing some round tubing or a piece of metal or wood. We recycle everything we can.
I know my wife laughs at me sometimes because I appear to be very cheap and don't want to go buy something new if I can pull something off my shelf that is all the most likely heavier gauge or better than anything I can buy new.

Yes I guess I am a pack rat!

Latest posts