Anybody found a "best way" or tool/machine design to remove frozen Net Wrap from Round bales?

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm reasonably certain they do make a wrapper for 72" bales. I'll have to ask a friend, I'm sure he has one. I wouldn't wrapping some dry hay as well.

Edit: looking at Tubeline's wrappers on their website looks like they are all rated for 6' bales now
The H&S inline wrapper will wrap 6' diameter bales too, but if that's a silage bale, it's going to be awfully heavy.

When wrapping "dry hay", you have to either have them overly dry, so that they don't want to sweat at all through the curing process, or "just the right moisture" so they don't mold. My neighbor who owns an H&S wrapper, and puts his all up as long hay silage AND does custom wrapping for others as well told me that, after I mentioned that every bale that I bought (on auction) with plastic on it was completely spoiled (slimy wet and moldy) all the way around the outside of the bale next to the wrap. The hay in further was "dry"... meaning easily plenty dry for "dry baled hay"... but apparently NOT dry enough so it wouldn't go through that minimal "curing process" that most hay does do in storage. Wrapped bales can't "breathe". They're alot more "forgiving" (wider moisture window) when wrapping silage bales.

Last edited:
I'm reasonably certain they do make a wrapper for 72" bales. I'll have to ask a friend, I'm sure he has one. I wouldn't wrapping some dry hay as well.

Edit: looking at Tubeline's wrappers on their website looks like they are all rated for 6' bales now
Rated for, but try to stuff one through. Especially this meadow bales

When wrapping "dry hay", you have to either have them overly dry, so that they don't want to sweat at all through the curing process, or "just the right moisture" so they don't mold.
I've been told that but have yet to experience it. Lucky I guess.

I've watched thousands of 70-72" bales get put thru an H&S wrapper over the last few years. Keep them on size and they go right thru. Calibrate your balers size and be quick on the brakes...

And of course, whatever "I" do HAS to be right!!! :rolleyes:
THIS is the aspect of MY job that can give me gray hair! Or make it all fall out! 🤣. Not really, unless you let it. I get the opportunity to work with 20 different producers, all with the same problem, and help each of them devise the "right" solution for each of them which ends up being 40 different "correct" solutions.

That was not a typing error. 20 producers, 40 solutions. All the same (single) problem.

Latest posts