where's the profit??

Help Support CattleToday:

SCfarms":1wtd2o5j said:
. That's why I like Reg. better; if you pay $10,000 for a steer you mite not get it back. Reg. you can show them then let them raise you some calves that will make your money back for sure.
Stephen, Those Reg. Steers don't produce very many calves for you to show and then raise you some calves to make your money back. When you find one that will raise some calves I will buy him from you at a nice profit for you.

la4angus":1ifj4ece said:
SCfarms":1ifj4ece said:
. That's why I like Reg. better; if you pay $10,000 for a steer you mite not get it back. Reg. you can show them then let them raise you some calves that will make your money back for sure.
Stephen, Those Reg. Steers don't produce very many calves for you to show and then raise you some calves to make your money back. When you find one that will raise some calves I will buy him from you at a nice profit for you.
la4angus,
As Jed Clampett used to say about Jethro, "Somebody's got to have a loooong talk with that boy." ;-)

J. T.":2whnb7gl said:
la4angus":2whnb7gl said:
SCfarms":2whnb7gl said:
la4angus,
As Jed Clampett used to say about Jethro, "Somebody's got to have a loooong talk with that boy." ;-)
I doubt that a looooooooonng talk with this boy, would do any good.He would have to stop running his head long enough so he could hear what you were trying to tell him first.

R ^ 5":2s3py3iv said:
J. T.":2s3py3iv said:
la4angus":2s3py3iv said:
SCfarms":2s3py3iv said:
la4angus,
I doubt that a looooooooonng talk with this boy, would do any good.He would have to stop running his head long enough so he could hear what you were trying to tell him first.
Ain't it the truth!

I just had one done a few weeks ago and here it is 40.00 to kill and .38 a pound to cut and wrap

Does anyone else here process their own meat? We've never taken anything to a butcher, so I don't know how much it cost around here. So what is is around $230-$250 to get an animal processed? Do you have to pay tax on that or is it considered farm use? :lol:

J. T.":2m3jit57 said:
R ^ 5":2m3jit57 said:
J. T.":2m3jit57 said:
la4angus":2m3jit57 said:
SCfarms":2m3jit57 said:
la4angus,
Ain't it the truth!

Maybe, he means the steers babysit the calves. When his cows do the cheese adds? :shock: :idea:

How does 1200 lbs of yak/cattle cross in 12 to 18 months sound?

The meat is lighter tasting than beef with good cholesterol.

The selling price $3 to $25 a pound.

The yak and yak cross is hearty to 100 below zero, easy calving, eat less than conventional cattle breeds, and use conventional cattle fencing.

Economics and profit! Good business!

I raise tame and safe yak breeding stock.

How long are you all letting them hang? I like to hang mine 21-24 days.

The yak or yak/cross can be hung for dry aging from 3 to 14 days.

A good butcher will know the right shrinkage of the fat for cutting time.

8)

10.00 to kill, 35.00 to butcher, 37.5 cents (hanging weight) to proccess ( in paper wrap).MMMMMMM can't beat good corn fed beef never go back to grass fed or store meat. sorry grass feeders just my opinion. (17 to 21 days hanging)

PS. SC ENGAGE YOUR BRAIN BEFORE OPENING YOUR MOUTH! :idea:

Latest posts