where to learn a trade? Heavy equipment operator

Help Support CattleToday:

I have polished the backside of my pants in the seat of alot yellow iron. Been a owner operator for a long time. If you own your on machine you better own a good tool box, it needs to be well stocked. Like backhoe said just takes time in the seat. Do you have a local backhoe service around, they always need a shovel man. Check with City or County maintance dep. like water and sewer, or road dept. Around here don't pay to good but they will let you in the seat pretty quick.

I learned to run a backhoe helping a farmer friend of mine in the rice fields cut levies, then a few years later I took a job installing large septic systems as a laborer, told them I could run a backhoe, but was a little rusty. After a few holes I was digging regularly, then moved up to the new excavader they bought...Later I went to work for an oilfield company and our 10 acre yard held water in the back, boss came one day and asked if anyone knew how to run a dozer to cut some slope ditches. I lied and said yes, went borrow a 450 from the company next door and went after it. After about an hour and nobody watching I got the hang of it and did a pretty good job. What I'm saying is he needs to put himself in a position to get a chance, show he has the want, takes pride in his work, and he'll get his chance. Making money insted of paying it to a school.

Latest posts