When it Rains ...

Help Support CattleToday:

Loch Valley Fold

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my parents my dog Rocky (border collie x kelpie) has come through his surgery with flying colours he was somehow ran over with the quad bike & shattered his back leg, the x-rays showed no hope of it mending & being 8yrs plating it would have been a 50/50 chance of success so the other options were amputate or put down. Thankfully my father had a soft moment & told the vet to amputate. Everyone is still trying to work out how he managed to get in under the bike in a split second he went from out the side of the bike to under it.
Parents are really going to miss him while he's on the mend this is a dog that goes & gets the cows without being told, herds the cows from the milking yard & into the parlor he does the work of 2 employees. My mum has a young pup that is going to have to step up & show what he is made of - hes back now after 12 weeks of being out of action from a spider bite I think Boff is going to be real glad when Rocky can come back to work

Thanks I know he will I also know how much he hates being tied up comes from being always tied up before we got him I'm very protective of Rock because I know what he went through before he came to us.

he should be able to bring the cows up,an live a long happy life.my dad had to have his fav dogs leg taken off because he ran over him accadently.an that dog lived tobe close to 20yrs old.

Latest posts