When did you become a business?

Help Support CattleToday:

TTBHG

Reaction score
My herd count is starting to get bigger. I've always funded everything out of my personal bank account. At what point did you start a business to protect yourself? I'm guessing I need to incorporate and start a business checking account, etc.

When did you decide to make that decision?

My herd count is starting to get bigger. I've always funded everything out of my personal bank account. At what point did you start a business to protect yourself? I'm guessing I need to incorporate and start a business checking account, etc.

When did you decide to make that decision?
You need to talk to a tax expert and a lawyer. There are many different ways to protect yourself and lessen taxes. Being a corporation is not always the best avenue.

Everybody needs a second checking account for farm expenses. Not everybody needs to incorporate.

I agree. I've had a separate checking account for cattle stuff for decades, but that's it. If you're making your living with cattle it might make sense to incorporate, but otherwise I don't see why you'd need to.

By the way, I do have a pretty big liability insurance policy that covers my place and the rent pastures.

Latest posts