What's Your Favorite Country/Western Movie?

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleHand

Reaction score
I haven't seen to many that I can remember the names to. 3:10 to Yuma was pretty good (of course not the best) and was wondering what you guys (in your infinite knowledge :D ) thought was the best country or western movie?

I also liked the original Monte Walsh. Not as good as the book but much closer to the book then the abomonation that sellek did as a remake

my all time fav is the shootest with john wayne.as well as the rare breed with jimmy stewart.

Shane,
Good Bad and the Ugly
Shootist
Winchester 73
Magnificent Seven
Outlaw Josey Wales
Mclintock
Four mules for Sister Sarah
The Cowboys
True Grit
Unforgiven
High Noon

Aw heck face it i am just a big fan of ALL westerns movies :D :D :D

unforgiven is my favorite.

3:10 to yuma was ok. jaramiah johnson (i know im spelling wrong) is pretty good too. 2 mules for sister sarah. and also blazing saddles

ALX.":jw8e6ri2 said:
I used to like "Unforgiven".

But I ain't like that no more.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Took me a second but that was good!

This is a hard question and I don't know the answer. I like all movies where the good prevails and the honesty and integrity is rewarded. A poke here and there done in good taste is not bad either.

Anyone have any good suggestions for movies where there is alot of working cattle involved or cattle drives? Sometimes the old shoot 'em up westerns get boring to me. I'm trying to remember one where an old man had to drive cattle and his ranch hands weren't available so he had some boys do it. I think it was pretty good.

CattleHand":c0ews1rm said:
I'm trying to remember one where an old man had to drive cattle and his ranch hands weren't available so he had some boys do it. I think it was pretty good.
The cowboys, john wayne

I love a good western. Too bad they don't make many any more. Did see 3:10 to Yuma recently and really enjoyed it. Love just about any with Eastwood or John Wayne. Hard to pick a favorite but Outlaw Josie Wales comes to mind. Also McLintock and High Plains Drifter. Heck, I could probably name 100 more. ;-)

Can't recall ever seeing a "Bad" western.

Some of my favs, in no particular order;

The Man who Loved Cat Dancing
Lonesome Dove
Hang em High
Silverado
El Dorado
etc.

Latest posts