Whats the weather like at your place?

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
The weather at our place is cooling down. Could have been a light frost down by the creek overnight. Usually doesn't start in eranest till about mid May but sometimes a bit sooner. Had 16 inches of rain so far this year,so the country looks OK til the frosts start then it browns off. Would love to have a damp misty winter. Last one of those was in 1998,had about 15 frosts that year instead of the usual 60 to 70.
Whats the weather like at your place?
Colin :D

Spring is the on the way here in Wisconsin! We are hitting the 50 degree mark pretty regularly, and I think come Monday they say we should be hitting the 60 degree, upper 30's to low 40's at night. The grass is just starting to get that hint of green to it, had a couple thunder storms in the past week. The ground is highly saturated, and the creeks are full to the brim. Spring in Wisconsin is a wonderful thing! Oh yeah, and I haven't seen any flys yet!

I think I have spring fever :D ....and 9 more days til the end of tax season.... WOO HOOO!!!!

Michele

here in England we have sun in the day not warm yet it is about 40 to 50C and about 20 - 30C at night, we have only had slight showers, so now a water ration is on, no hose pipes to be used to wash cars or water the gardens. That is in the south where I am, the north is still having snow. Daffodil season is nearly over down here. so spring has sprung.

made it to almost 70 F here today. rained and hailed the past two days. 2 -4 inches of snow on Douglas Pass near here. feels like late spring. still cold at night though.

Went from high of 75 here yesterday afternoon to low of 28 this morning. Have to keep both warm and cold weather clothes handy this time of year.

We are having nicer weather than usual usual over 10 degrees Celsius each day but we are also getting quite a bit of rain which is making me nervous. We flooded horribly last year. The river is still up and if we have another wet year I just might lose my house this time. :(

We had very mild winter this year. I won't complain about that. I went back to my homeplace in W.Va last week, it was spring there. Cattle grazing and people mowing lawns. Nice! :) :)

Hope you don't lose your house Victoria. Mother Nature has delt some harsh blows lately. Will be pulling for you.

Spring weather....rain and more rain. Cold nights, days' in the low 50s. Expecting one last roar before it settles down and we can plant.
The pasture looks like it will be ready in a few weeks but the lease that we planted is showing alot of Knap weed, think that I'll turn out early. Dmc

our thermometer shows a high of 54 degrees Farenheit today with some rain/snow/"snain" showers off and on...still got alot of the white stuff in the mountains with the weather man saying we should be expecting more before the weeks end!! Lord, I am ready for spring!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

60's today, pretty nice weather, we got a little rain Sat, but wish we'd get more. Still about 6 inches below normal for this time of year. I hope it's not indicitave of the coming summer.

rkm":1qnavw5w said:
We had very mild winter this year. I won't complain about that. I went back to my homeplace in W.Va last week, it was spring there. Cattle grazing and people mowing lawns. Nice! :) :)

Hope you don't lose your house Victoria. Mother Nature has delt some harsh blows lately. Will be pulling for you.

Thanks rkm. I appreciate it.:)

It got a little rough in the Tennessee valley this past week end Colin. Tornados killed 13 in our area Friday afternoon and Friday night. Baseball size hail. I never saw any that big before, never want to again.

ctlbaron":2dgrjxct said:
It got a little rough in the Tennessee valley this past week end Colin. Tornados killed 13 in our area Friday afternoon and Friday night. Baseball size hail. I never saw any that big before, never want to again.

Been watching this on the "tube" and am sending prayers your way!! Hope you are fairing well!! :D

Winter was pretty mild up to January-February, then we got a good dump of snow, which didn't last too long. It's been mostly sunny up here around Edmonton and north to home, with the temperature mostly in the mid-teens (Celsius), though we did get a good downpour of rain just this past weekend.

One of the calves got stuck in the mud up to his @$$hole and Dad nearly got the big tractor stuck trying to get this stupid steer out. He had to dig out a pit on both sides of the calf to give it enough room to fight its way out. It got out, even though I wasn't there to see how bad it was. Dad said that he had never had something like that happen, ever! The mud is also pretty slick and deep around the silage bunks that he's not even going to try to get near there, not until it drys up. Our corrals consist of half slough and half upper dry land, which is pretty crazy, considering that our farm is probably over fifty years old.

But with the weather holding out up here for the past couple of days (supposed to be sunny and 16 C today in the city and 15 C at my home town) it'll dry out pretty good.

Victoria-wish I could send the good warm sunny weather down there to dry things up! It sure would help. It's not good to hear of some flooding down there, (it's spring, what do you expect) so I wish you the best of luck and hope that you don't lose your place if it gets any worse.

And to you folks down in TN, hope it clears up and you guys get out of it safe. You can replace a farm, buildings, cattle and such, but you can't replace a person be they man or woman. Good luck to you lot.

Karin

Coldish here tonight. We had our first frost on the 22nd April,haven't had one since. My daughter got married that day,magnificent warm sunny day. She was married in a recently voted Australia's Best Garden. Its 9 acres in size with a beaut perrenial garden,theres hedges,roses,a pond etc etc. I used to come home from that garden a feel deflated by what I had in my garden. My son said dad your garden is as good as that fancy one. My daughter wanted to get married in our garden,I told her to wait another two years till it was at it's peak. She couldn't wait.
Colin :D

Colin

I tried to keep my daughters from getting married too. Never thought of that excuse. I don't think it would work. :shock:

It's raining here today thanks to the Great Spirirt, temp's in the low 60's. I was sure starting to get worried about the dry weather, finally the grass is starting to grow. :)

Latest posts