What's it worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We have a 2007 E-Z haul 27' flat bed trailer, gooseneck. 2 10,000 brake axels, 2 10K jacks, 5' fold up ramps, pop up center & a tool box. Guy that's done fencing for us wants to buy it. Wasn't for sale but it's essentially yard art - haven't used it in years except to keep all the implements off the ground.

Any ideas on what it's worth or a fair price, market value? Haven't seen anything comparable online - at least not around here.

27' of wood, tandem, tires should be good, floor is definitely good, lights & title. There may be a couple wasp nests in the gooseneck (those red @#$tards!). He's hauled 14 5x6 bales of hay in one load, both Polaris Rangers, the tractor, loader . . . yeah, that's about all we've ever used it for.

I like cash!

Son of Butch":1j8voqjb said:
Heck if I know.... $100 foot = $2,700 .... tire rot?
Did you ask what he was thinking he'd pay for a trailer of the quality you have when he brought up the subject?
He started off offering $2K, jumped up to $4K after a polite but firm NO thanks. Interested party likes to work off his debt. And I would be leery of accepting his check. He's a good worker when he shows up, does a quality job but . . . .

TCRanch":3dg5hhfz said:
We have a 2007 E-Z haul 27' flat bed trailer, gooseneck. 2 10,000 brake axels, 2 10K jacks, 5' fold up ramps,
pop up center & a tool box. Guy that's done fencing for us wants to buy it. Wasn't for sale but it's essentially yard art - haven't used it in years except to keep all the implements off the ground.
I think $4,000 is a fair offer.
Tires can be so deceptive, sitting outside for years with weight on bed is not easy on tires.
I'd counter with $4500 cash or $5,000 on work release sale.

In my area, fair market would be $6k minus any repairs needed.

If it has the tires that came on it, then it's going to need them whether they have 95% tread or not.

I've been new trailer shopping, and something similar on paper will cost $11-15K new, depending on make and quality. I have a 2007 that is similar to yours, on paper, with nearly a million miles on it. It's not for sale, but would be easy to sell for $6K or so. The quality of E-Z haul would be the big variable.

callmefence":1l05k3hr said:
22+5 or 27+5??
Tandem doubles right
Good tires , floor , lights, and title

I got cash.

Same cash you told me to stop and get before I left, only to back outa the deal? Lol

Farm Fence Solutions":3772gx5w said:
callmefence":3772gx5w said:
22+5 or 27+5??
Tandem doubles right

I got cash.

Same cash you told me to stop and get before I left, only to back outa the deal? Lol

:lol2:

ddd75":1o5jy6ko said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1o5jy6ko said:
callmefence":1o5jy6ko said:
22+5 or 27+5??
Tandem doubles right

I got cash.

Why don't you tell us what your laughing at... :pop:

We're essentially in the same area, 5k give or take a few hundred. I looked at a bunch of them before I bought the one I did, its somewhere in this forum, for 3800. My needs were different, a lowboy, but I ran through a bunch of ads that described what you have in the process.

Thanks for the input! Settled for $4K, mainly because the tires will prob have to be replaced. Plus he's young, trying to grow his business & he's a good kid. But cash only. He wanted to work it off or make payments but we've been down that road before: last guy took 4 years to pay off $5K for a small tractor. There's a huge, annual consignment sale at the Sale Barn in Feb so he's going to sell some smaller trailers to come up with the cash.

Well I'll be darned. Never happened, we pretty much forgot about it. The guy showed up yesterday with $4K cash and he installed a new gate today in exchange for a cake feeder that was also yard art, hadn't been used in years. Gave him the title, told him to fill in whatever amount he wanted, everybody's happy. :banana:

Latest posts