What's Involved?

Help Support CattleToday:

I cant believe you get upset about that. I said theres a lot worse things for kids to be involved in than showing cattle....that made you mad????? I can hable poquito with some of the hands around here....but there must be a language barrier between us out here in cow country and you folks in New York City

Like I said, maybe you didn't mean it the way I took it. Sounded like "doing drugs" (as an example) is worse than showing cattle. I apoligize (well if I could spell it!!!) if that was not what you were referring to. And, I wasn't mad - just defensive about the junior program.

Fraid I am no where near NYC. That's like another country to the locals in upstate NY. When we first moved here, people sounded like they never claimed NYC as part of the state of NY.
Amazingly, NY is the 3rd largest dairy state. Coulda fooled me prior to moving out here from Kansas.

Hmm, I typed an answer to Tapeworm, but it didn't show up. Anyway, I wasn't mad over the statement - just defensive over the junior program - maybe that's the same. Anyway, you're whole statement was negative, so why wouldn't I THINK you were being negative with your comment about the juniors.
Well I never went to a "prom" so I dont know. But it sounds like youre saying you do it because everybody else does it. Either that or else the reason lots of folks dress up fancy. So others will think that they're something that they're not. LOL
Hehehe. On second thought I guess that last part sums up the showcow world pretty good doesnt it

And for all of you that say just dont participate if you dont want to I have a thought for you..... All of us that pay schooltaxes and county taxes that keep the wheels greased in education dont have any choice.....we're paying for some of that stuff anyway with county agents that spend more time at shows than out on the farm and overpaid ag teachers and their 4 door duallys, credit cards and aluminum trailers and.....the list goes on.
Okay...end of my griping. Theres a lot worse things for kids to be involved in

Hmm, I typed an answer to Tapeworm, but it didn't show up. Anyway, I wasn't mad over the statement - just defensive over the junior program - maybe that's the same. Anyway, you're whole statement was negative, so why wouldn't I THINK you were being negative with your comment about the juniors.
Well I never went to a "prom" so I dont know. But it sounds like youre saying you do it because everybody else does it. Either that or else the reason lots of folks dress up fancy. So others will think that they're something that they're not. LOL
Hehehe. On second thought I guess that last part sums up the showcow world pretty good doesnt it

And for all of you that say just dont participate if you dont want to I have a thought for you..... All of us that pay schooltaxes and county taxes that keep the wheels greased in education dont have any choice.....we're paying for some of that stuff anyway with county agents that spend more time at shows than out on the farm and overpaid ag teachers and their 4 door duallys, credit cards and aluminum trailers and.....the list goes on.
Okay...end of my griping. Theres a lot worse things for kids to be involved in

Showing cattle is how I make a living. I couldn't sell our weaned heifers for the price we get, just because they are registered. They come from a "winning" farm, and that's what they want. I am marketing a product. Without cattle shows or displays, breeds would not get as well known as they do today.

Anyway, it's a lot of work but yes, it's a lot of fun. We get to visit with friends that we only see at shows. Competition is good for young and old.

Jeanne Simme Valley I guess i upset the poo poo out of you for you to make 3 postings in a row back on this same deal. I read over what I had said before that upset you and I hate to infoprm you that I must stand by it:

THERES WORSE THINGS FOR KIDS TO BE INVOLVED IN THAN SHOWING CATTLE!!!

Doing drugs is one of those things thats WORSE. Wearing black and practicing witchcraft is one of those things thats WORSE. Mutilating cattle and worshiping the devil is one of those things thats WORSE.

You say that you make your living showing cattle so it is only right that you take up for cow shows....just like goverment bureacrats all take up for their programs. It is normal for anybody to take up for what butters there bread.

I have to admit that I get a kick out of the grownup showing pictures that I see sometimes in the ads in themagazines.....I think my bulls would get a kick out of it to. You have to admit that seeing a grown man holding a pretty leather lead with a dressed up mature bull on the end of it takes your breath away. LOL Instead of being out breeding cows like he ought to be....he stands there letting some man hold his head up while he rubs him on the tallywacker witha golf club. Sure makes me want to turn out a load of those bulls to see if they could figure out what to do witha cow if they could even find em

We disagree on some of this stuff Jeanne Simme Valley.....doesnt mean that my way is right and your way is wrong. Best of luck to you with your showing and have a pleasant weekend Jeanne Simme Valley

In reference to your opinion of pretty show bulls. Sorry you have never owned a functional beast of beauty. You are missing out on a lot of good genetics. :)

Latest posts