Whats hay selling for in your area?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Coastal rounds are going for 47-65 here,and I just picked up 10 rounds of T9 for 20 each. Should be set for a while now.

central Texas I see in the papers for anywhere from 30 to 65 but it looks like we are headed in to another drougth so it will go up through the winter.

mixed grass hay is selling for $15-$30 for 4x5 bales
mixed grass in our area from a reputable person is fescue and clover
or Johnson grass or JG and clover
alot of people are selling fescue and weeds

we have ahd an abundance of hay this yr as we had a good wet spring
July and August turned off dry and October is rain free so far

Its been real dry here, 20 days no rain. Grass is browning out already and can't seed winter rye without irrigating. I fully expect hay around here to go crazy high, so I jumped on these rolls. Tight and clean

I sold some earlier this yr
was real good red clover and fescue and got $60 pr ton averaged out to $33 pr bale
thought that was pretty good for as much hay as we had in our area I doubt I could get that now but might as alot of the $20 pr bale hay dont weigh but 6-800 lbs and some won't weigh that much

Coastal that was rained on before baling is selling for 20.00, good coastal stored outside net wraped is 40.00, barn stored horse hay is 70.00, all 4x6 bales.

These 20.00 bales were cut and dried last week. I don't expect these prices to stay this low in this area. 4x6 rolls probably 700 lbs or so. Nice little load on a dovetail pintle trailer for my f250

I am seeing alot of bahia rolls moving in the $20-25 range, bermuda cow rolls mainly $20-30 and horse rolls from $30-50. There is a short supply of good quality hay this year due to too much rain when it needed to be cut and not enough after to grow more. It is getting very dry now. It's close to month without rain, with very little chance in sight. I have been putting some out for the cows for about 2 weeks now.

cowboy43":1b9v0kyf said:
Here is where you are not, where they are, and only they know where here is?? I am here and you are not here??

Sounds like a note a friend left me one time "I was here and you were not...now you are here and I am not". :lol2:

I bought 5' round bales of 1st cutting mixed grass for 25$ a bale. My neighbor just got some that had gotten slighty wet for $20. They have crappier hay at the local sale barn that's going for 10-15 $, but I wouldn't feed that to anything except goats.

TexasBred":2l8x9kmm said:
cowboy43":2l8x9kmm said:
Here is where you are not, where they are, and only they know where here is?? I am here and you are not here??

Sounds like a note a friend left me one time "I was here and you were not...now you are here and I am not". :lol2:

Started to leave a smart a$$ remark about looking at my location on the right. Then I realized it wasn't there. :shock: :oops: south central Oklahoma.

Peanut Hay is going for $35 a roll 4 X 6 at the farm.
How many do you want? They are only rolling what people want but so far they have rolled all they picked. I think several hundred acres left to pick so plenty left.

EDIT: Sold out.

The 10 semi-loads of 16 to 20% CP bermuda hay we've bought this year in 5x6 rounds (about 1250 to 1500#) have cost us about $69. a bale delivered.

We don't feed "grain products" or Range Cubes, so need the high protein with limited grass.

For those of you that say "you don't need that high protein" my answer is that is either that quality or "sorry" 7 to 10% CP from other area suppliers, including weeds in it...

;-)

Running Arrow Bill":2i5rtqpm said:
The 10 semi-loads of 16 to 20% CP bermuda hay we've bought this year in 5x6 rounds (about 1250 to 1500#) have cost us about $69. a bale delivered.

We don't feed "grain products" or Range Cubes, so need the high protein with limited grass.

For those of you that say "you don't need that high protein" my answer is that is either that quality or "sorry" 7 to 10% CP from other area suppliers, including weeds in it...

;-)

That's some good Bermuda

"Sounds like a note a friend left me one time "I was here and you were not...now you are here and I am not".

Reminds me or what a neighbor had written on his tombstone:

'Where you are, I once was. Where I am, you soon will be"

I sell small bales of bermuda for about $2.50 each down here. They'll go for significantly more during the dry season (summer).