Whats for Supper [revisited]

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Everyone else in these parts are enjoying a snow day. So I got all under control at the ranch and declared a snow day for me and the Pups.

Put a big chunk of rump in the Crock pot and it's smelling mighty fine. :nod:

Think I will let it simmer, make gravy with the juices, mash some taters. Some store bought fresh asparagus on the side.

do you put anything in with the meat? You gotta at least put a big ole yellow onion or better yet a Vidiala (no idea how to spell) onion if you can get those. Veggies maybe?

My son like mashed tater with his roast. And even though I make them like everyone else does, he will only eat mine. New taters, onions and carrots are good with the roast in the pot, though. Makes me hungry thinking about it.

We are having roast pork loin with nugget Benjie potatoes with sauteed spinach and fresh green beans.

It is supposed to get in the twenties Celsius/ seventies fahrenheit this weekend my babies are going to be so happy :) .
Calgary got 23 cm of snow yesterday and now there are flood warnings for a lot of people. It totally missed us thank goodness.

MM that sounds mighty good for a snowy evening. It's nearly 80 down here today so I'll probably pop me a couple of Shiner Bochs and eat some good Czech sausage, cheese, and crackers with it. Not fancy but good.

TxB, 80 degrees :shock: what's that like :? Shiner Bochs huh? I don't have a clue. I am curious?

Maybe should add something like onion, carrots, celery, begga or something. NAH, We're gonna dive in.

mnmtranching":u6altb3m said:
TxB, 80 degrees :shock: what's that like :? Shiner Bochs huh? I don't have a clue. I am curious?

Maybe should add something like onion, carrots, celery, begga or something. NAH, We're gonna dive in.

MM, Shiner is a good beer made in the little south Texas town of "Shiner". Not a huge operation but excellent dark beer. They make several other beers as well. All good stuff.

http://www.shiner.com

TexasBred":s7xctz9l said:
mnmtranching":s7xctz9l said:

MM, Shiner is a good beer made in the little south Texas town of "Shiner". Not a huge operation but excellent dark beer. They make several other beers as well. All good stuff.

Ahh 8) That sounds good, those little breweries make the very best. :nod:

TexasBred":njmzod2u said:
mnmtranching":njmzod2u said:

Ever taken the tour of the brewery? I did several years ago when I went down there for a wedding at that bid Catholic church there. Bride's daddy was pretty rich so that rented several houses for folks to stay in and I don't even want to think about the bar tab he had at the reception. It was a wedding with it's own golf tournament, too. Quite the show. Nice folks. Shiner is a pretty little town in the prettiest part of Texas, IMHO.

Shiner is good beer. Ever try Shiner Blonde?

Two nutty bars, a piece of cold pizza, and a coke, if I can scrounge up 60 cents.

I hide all my extra money in our stove, I know my wife will never find it in there! ;-)

angie":11c0v46v said:
polar bear scrapple......with maple syrup.

What the..........

Ok, angie, any sentence with polar bear scrapple in it, should in no way, shape, or form, also contain the words maple syrup ~ or hotdish for that matter.

And I thought we ate some weird @@#@!

TREY-L":3jk2s072 said:
What the..........
Ok, angie, any sentence with polar bear scrapple in it, should in no way, shape, or form, also contain the words maple syrup ~ or hotdish for that matter.
And I thought we ate some weird @@#@!
Truthfully, I slept through supper.
SO ~ diet coke, cigarette and sunflower seeds. Same old same old. :roll:

If I decide to eat "real food" will make myself a fried egg sandwhich later.
And yes, you do eat some pretty funky stuff :nod:

Kids and hubby were at the circus, so I thawed out the bar-be-que pulled pork I cooked last week and had a hot sandwich. :D

Hate telling you this mnmt, but we were in the 60's today. Suppose to be in the 70's tomorrow.

:heart: Herfs, Hold that weather, hard to believe you have so much better weather then us. Same thing in the Fall, I leave the cold and damp here. About Central ND is a BIG climate change and sunny and warm by the time I hit Montana. We had to postpone the trip, but it's on again for Fri. :clap: :clap:

Angie, sure hope you had the already shelled ones :D Trying to fill up on the shell your own seeds is really hard. :cry2:

Your really going to hate this. It is 63 degrees right now. Suppose to be in the 70's today.
Forcasting rain on Wednesday. Hope it does rain, we need it.

3:45pm reported to the weather service a tempature of 79.9 degrees (F)
First report of near 80 degrees they have gotten today.
Too blasted hot for this time of year.

Holy Yesterday! We got 39 and I put the windows down. Saw the first robin of the season (buried it into the grill of my truck ~ talk about bad juju! :shock: ), and 2 sets of snowgeese! other stuff too,. maybe green grass. i forget now

We got to 24 Celsius / 79-80 fahrenheit today still beautiful outside :banana: .Hubby wanted to bring the patio furniture out of storage so we could sit and have a couple of cocktails in this gorgeous weather.
But I said NO WAY snow in the forecast all this week :( .
Vet visit first thing tomorrow to restock medicine cabinet because it will be perfect weather for pneumonia and scours. :cry:

Well at least I got to AI some gals in good weather.

Latest posts