What's after GURU?

Help Support CattleToday:

M Gravlee":2mfb5chj said:
certherfbeef":2mfb5chj said:
I could be wrong here too but, I think that most of the helpful suggestions and useful information is shared thru the private messages anymore.

The only problem with that is the possibility that the PM could have helped dozens of people instead of just one. :(

cows too.

Beefy":138vahqk said:
M Gravlee":138vahqk said:
certherfbeef":138vahqk said:
I could be wrong here too but, I think that most of the helpful suggestions and useful information is shared thru the private messages anymore.

The only problem with that is the possibility that the PM could have helped dozens of people instead of just one. :(

cows too.

Didn't know there was that much PM'ing going on cert - if I don't feel like posting something on the boards it doesn't get written on a PM either.

Macon, you could just swap things around -- up to 1,000 posts you're a City Slicker :)lol:), 1,000 posts you're a Cowhand, 2,000 Trail Boss, 3 is Rancher, 4 Guru -- something like that. :p

milkmaid":2ir14elt said:
Beefy":2ir14elt said:
M Gravlee":2ir14elt said:
certherfbeef":2ir14elt said:

cows too.

Didn't know there was that much PM'ing going on cert - if I don't feel like posting something on the boards it doesn't get written on a PM either.

Macon, you could just swap things around -- up to 1,000 posts you're a City Slicker :)lol:), 1,000 posts you're a Cowhand, 2,000 Trail Boss, 3 is Rancher, 4 Guru -- something like that. :p

I like this idea, MM.

milkmaid":26codptg said:

Thanks, milkmaid! :clap:

I liked your idea so much I put it into effect with slightly modified numbers.

Still gonna do the Super Guru/Big Kuhuna thing though. :D

M Gravlee":2yxf2rq5 said:
certherfbeef":2yxf2rq5 said:

I sometimes use a pm in an effort to not hijack a thread, I doubt any have been potentially usefull to anyone other than the recipient or in the case of a question, myself.

HEY HEY HEY...somebody better get that "rancher" off of my username and change it to "farmer"...come on now...dont disrespect me like that :shock: ...that's the most i've ever been insulted in my whole life

Didn't we already have a discussion about the difference between farmers and ranchers? :lol: :D

Heritage_Farmboy":dh98qak9 said:
HEY HEY HEY...somebody better get that "rancher" off of my username and change it to "farmer"...come on now...dont disrespect me like that :shock: ...that's the most i've ever been insulted in my whole life

Didn't we already have a discussion about the difference between farmers and ranchers? :lol: :D

Hmmmm, good point, HF. I've yet to reach any exalted status, but if and when I do, I'd really rather not have the moniker of rancher. Oh well...I just "work" here.

Alice

i dont see anything wrong with being called a rancher. but that is for a different discussion. i still like a couple from beefy's list best: cattlemaster, and Chuck Norris (the one with the most posts)

Ryan":19sr9ajs said:
i dont see anything wrong with being called a rancher. but that is for a different discussion. i still like a couple from beefy's list best: cattlemaster, and Chuck Norris (the one with the most posts)

thats because you're from Texas :D ...i'm from Virginia...i'm a farmer :)

certherfbeef":k6i1c89r said:
I'm not a fan of the guru status either. Most folks that frequent the forum know who they can ask for help and who they should ignore.

I could be wrong here too but, I think that most of the helpful suggestions and useful information is shared thru the private messages anymore. I know that I don't post much anymore but the pm's are plenty.

If it has to have a name I like "loquacious" or "linguistic oddity"

I have managed to avoid it as well. I am fairly certain I have a good number of posts - just never under the same "Bez". :D

Some day I might even total them all up. PM is used big time around here. Often as not it is used for personal correspondence. I use it as much or more as my email at times.

I would like to see a "top 10 questions asked" and the best responses.

What do I feed my calf?
My baby cow has a watery eye what do I do?
Can my baby cow eat straw that is more than one year old?
Can my bull calf "Adonis" sleep with the cows after they are bred?

And the one I get most tired of - yet it is VERY important and MUST be answered:

My calf has scours - what do I do now?

And so on.

Funny enough - one of the posters - beefy? bama? - mentioned something about a button to push for standard answers:

More I think on it more I like it.

#1 Button - Call the vet yet?
#2 Button - WHy the H&^%$ Not?
#3 Button - You need a kick in the behind! :D
#4 Button - Have you tried a search yet?

Anyways - I am off - best to all,

Bez?

Trail boss?

I should be a Greenhorn.

What ever the titles, thanks for the board Macon.

WAIT A MINUTE!! All I've wanted since I joined up was to become a Guru and now when I can see light at the end of the tunnel you're raising the bar? It's like coming in first in a marathon and then being told you have to run another to get your medal. 4000 posts!! Jeez, I'll be stuck here typing the rest of my life!! :p

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":fy3rgqx9 said:
Doesnt matter to me. Its obvious I wont get any kind of status but this -------- since that has what it has said under my screen name since the inception of my account.

Take the hint :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol2:

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":4hvaxf1y said:
Doesnt matter to me. Its obvious I wont get any kind of status but this -------- since that has what it has said under my screen name since the inception of my account.

Status or respect is earned!!! Yes it is obvious you won't get either!

Chuck Norris":6qqoz8wg said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":6qqoz8wg said:

You better watch it boy. I, the Almighty Chuck Norris, know where you sleep. If your not careful you will be awakened with a roundhouse kick to the face.

You know it!

It would be cool if the post count only counted posts from all the forums except the coffee shop. Then the count would better represent knowledge and contribution, instead of coffee shop chatter that boosts post count. :p

Latest posts