What's after GURU?

Help Support CattleToday:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
I need a title for Members who have more posts than a GURU. These are a few I've come up with:

Mentor
Teacher
Guide
Pioneer
Elite Member
Grand Poobah

What's your suggestion? :help:

rbell":2oqb4s03 said:
I see Mentor used a lot on the wood working boards I frequent

The change of status is based on number of posts not necesarrily knowledge or mentoring ability, witness my posts. I don;t think mentor is appropriate, I still like gabby, maybe even verbose

dun

rbell":5e6d8mia said:
I see Mentor used a lot on the wood working boards I frequent

I like the title mentor, but it does insinuate a certain knowledge base and not just a bunch of post.

But then Im just a new guy on the boards so what do I know. :lol:

Edit added: I see Dun was typing, and as usual thinking, faster than me. :lol:

Even better, why not just leave it alone, not change it and ignore the number of posts.

dun

3MR":3s1omsxb said:
I like the title mentor, but it does insinuate a certain knowledge base and not just a bunch of post.

I agree but if you look at our Top 20 posters I think you will agree that they have an amazing amount of knowledge that they are willing to share.

1. dun
2. Beefy
3. msscamp
4. la4angus
5. Crowderfarms
6. Caustic Burno
7. certherfbeef
8. Campground Cattle
9. MikeC
10. frenchie
11. Jake
12. D.R. Cattle
13. Frankie
14. Jeanne - Simme Valley
15. TheBullLady
16. milkmaid
17. warpaint
18. sidney411
19. Susie David
20. Texan

M Gravlee":6sl4ci85 said:
3MR":6sl4ci85 said:

I agree but if you look at our Top 20 posters I think you will agree that they have an amazing amount of knowledge that they are willing to share.

1. dun
2. Beefy
3. msscamp
4. la4angus
5. Crowderfarms
6. Caustic Burno
7. certherfbeef
8. Campground Cattle
9. MikeC
10. frenchie
11. Jake
12. D.R. Cattle
13. Frankie
14. Jeanne - Simme Valley
15. TheBullLady
16. milkmaid
17. warpaint
18. sidney411
19. Susie David
20. Texan

I agree, I was just to lazy to type all the names. :lol:

Cattle Rack Rancher":3fk5plz2 said:
I'm kinda partial to Pioneer myself. I think Mentor might be a step down from Guru.

A mentor is one of the best things you can be in life. You might be the smartest person in the world, but if you keep it to yourself it just doesnt matter. Being a mentor is not just going throught he motions, its taking that extra step to help someone else learn from your experience and learning.

I think Cabo is probably right though. Its just 1030 pm her in the land of the morning calm and I have nothing better to do than type on this board, Sorry!

Steve

M Gravlee":15rtnfju said:
I need a title for Members who have more posts than a GURU. These are a few I've come up with:

Mentor
Teacher
Guide
Pioneer
Elite Member
Grand Poobah

What's your suggestion? :help:

Grand Poobah has a nice ring to it! ;-)

BEEFMASTER. or wordy.
Mr. Myagi
Magic 8ball
SuperGu
verposty
ChuckNorris
Yakkety Yak
omniscient
Ask me about my Cows
Cattlemaster
skilled
proficient
Cowvinist
ace
cowherd
whole lotta mooing goin on
moonificent

ok, if Guru I doesn't work how about

Grand Dude/Grand Dudette or Mega Dude/Mega Dudette

or maybe:
Big Daddy/Big Mama
Emperor/Empress
Your Royal Highness

If Guru is 1,000

then make

Guide 2,000

Pioneer 3,000

Grand Poobah 4,000

Elite Member 5,000

You should step up for every post made. It show interest in the boards and others, and most of all fun.

Although I may never make it to Guru.

Hello Mr. Admin

What about using the title "top 20 contributor" or "top 10 contributor"

Dub

I'm not a fan of the guru status either. Most folks that frequent the forum know who they can ask for help and who they should ignore.

I could be wrong here too but, I think that most of the helpful suggestions and useful information is shared thru the private messages anymore. I know that I don't post much anymore but the pm's are plenty.

If it has to have a name I like "loquacious" or "linguistic oddity"

certherfbeef":3i00mz8p said:
I could be wrong here too but, I think that most of the helpful suggestions and useful information is shared thru the private messages anymore.

The only problem with that is the possibility that the PM could have helped dozens of people instead of just one. :(

Latest posts