Whatever yall want to talk about

Help Support CattleToday:

hey TXwalt, your signature isn't current anymore,the national debt is now $13,256,005,580,860.71

Estimalted population of the US is 308,770,029

Don't make this a political thread on my account.....I just found these numbers interesting...

BC

Each persons share now almost $43,000. Thats every man, women and child. Subtract children, disabled and elderly and I'm sure that # goes way up.

Walt

Roadapple":wz3o862j said:
Does anybody have proof a bear does it in the woods?

Well since you asked, we did see a grizzly bear do his business on the shoulder of the road in Yellowstone Park, well out of the woods. He had spent the prior three days eating an elk - a grown one, not a calf.

6M Ranch":qhvgr66a said:
This heat is causing some cattle not to cycle. Should have started AI'ing earlier.
I don't think they stop cycling because of heat. The standing events might be shorter and there may be more silent heats but I would bet they are still coming around.

Palpated them, nothing going on. Estrous Alert hasn't been touched. Studies have shown conception rate and heat cycles drop during extreme heat. Bought a flush a few years back, ended up with one embryo. Vet attributed the poor performance to the high heat and humidity.

6M Ranch":2udv3c1v said:
Palpated them, nothing going on. Estrous Alert hasn't been touched. Studies have shown conception rate and heat cycles drop during extreme heat. Bought a flush a few years back, ended up with one embryo. Vet attributed the poor performance to the high heat and humidity.
what breed???? if their having trouble cycling in colorado,,, they would go plumb sterile here :cowboy:

6M Ranch":1ysyxfzg said:
Yes conception rates drop and heat activity is less but they still cycle.

I wouldn't expect them to stop cycling completely in the heat. I would agree that they might become harder to "read" in the heat and humidity.

BC

Never had this problem before. We raise Angus. If they're cycling, they're extremely quiet about it. The rest bred back with no problems, these last two aren't showing any signs. Wait till after fair and try again.

There is a slim chance that htye are cystic. My solution to noncycling cows has alwasy been a shot of GnRH followed 7 days later with a shot of Lute.

Latest posts