Whatever yall want to talk about

Help Support CattleToday:

Looks like the cattle are taking the heat pretty well.

It is 104.6, in the shade, here today. Just plain too hot!

I am headed out your way in about three weeks to pick up some bred heifers from John Oswald over in Hutchison Ks. I don't suppose you folks could turn down the heat a bit for me for maybe 3 days or so.

3waycross":iyp8qbeq said:
I am headed out your way in about three weeks to pick up some bred heifers from John Oswald over in Hutchison Ks. I don't suppose you folks could turn down the heat a bit for me for maybe 3 days or so.
I live about an hour from Hutch and the forecast here isn't saying anything about shutting down the heat for the foreseeable future. When I first moved down here 3 years ago people told me the heat was a "dry heat", so it wasn't so bad. Well, apparantly I must have brought the moisture with me cause I haven't experienced any dry heat down here yet. I never knew John Oswald was still in the business?

alexfarms":3rgl58vc said:
3waycross":3rgl58vc said:
I live about an hour from Hutch and the forecast here isn't saying anything about shutting down the heat for the foreseeable future. When I first moved down here 3 years ago people told me the heat was a "dry heat", so it wasn't so bad. Well, apparantly I must have brought the moisture with me cause I haven't experienced any dry heat down here yet. I never knew John Oswald was still in the business?

He sold the majority of his Gelbvieh herd to Flying H. Then bought a bunch of heifers back and then some of the cows that failed to thrive in Missouri on the fescue.

He is also getting into some Red Angus now. He owns a piece of Julians good bull Boaz and some VERY nice RA cows. The guy amazes me. @ 80 most people don't buy green bananas. John is taking up another new breed. WOW!

3waycross":35ikyul1 said:
alexfarms":35ikyul1 said:
3waycross":35ikyul1 said:

He sold the majority of his Gelbvieh herd to Flying H. Then bought a bunch of heifers back and then some of the cows that failed to thrive in Missouri on the fescue.

He is also getting into some Red Angus now. He owns a piece of Julians good bull Boaz and some VERY nice RA cows. The guy amazes me. @ 80 most people don't buy green bananas. John is taking up another new breed. WOW!
Does he still have the Herefords?

No he has been out of Herefords for many years. He was huge in Gelbvieh before he sold to Dick Helms. I bought some of those heifers from him in Jan and another in May. They are very nice girls.

3 way need to move those heifers at night, no relief in sight for weeks. to hot to do anything but the fescue is still growing.

JHH":13sb8hg4 said:
WichitaLineMan":13sb8hg4 said:
Too much thread drift

???

Got off of the subject did they?

Weather tends to do that to people. To much rain, not enough rain, to hot , to cold. :D

We've had it all here in Texas this summer. Cept for that too cold part.

double v":2m2hdm5k said:
3 way need to move those heifers at night, no relief in sight for weeks. to hot to do anything but the fescue is still growing.

Sure glad to hear that the Fescue is still growing.

Who's your pre-season favorite to win the Super Bowl this year?

What do you think about Nebraska joining the Big Ten?

Anybody seen "American Gangster" with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe? Saw it last night and thought it was pretty good. Not for the squeamish, though.

VanC":9bu9qz2w said:

Now it's drifting in a good direction, you know Van i'm up for college football anytime. :D. Superbowl.... The seahawks??? :D

Alan

VanC":3cop4kgm said:

Anybody seen "American Gangster" with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe? Saw it last night and thought it was pretty good. Not for the squeamish, though.
I think it is great that the Huskers are headed to the big 10, especially after the way Texas and its zebras robbed them in last year's big 12 championship game by adding time to the clock to let Texas kick a field goal and move on to the national Championship game. It is gonna be a heckuva big 12 season for Nebraska this year, everyone will be gunning for them and they will be more than happy to return the favor.

Super bowl?...getting to be just way to much glitter and hype.

VanC":329g76r5 said:
If anybody doesn't already know I'm a HUGE Vikings fan. If Brett comes back I think they have a shot at the SB. Probably going to be a tougher time this year than last. The schedule looks pretty brutal. I think Adrian has something to prove and will finally take it up to that elite level he has and stay there all season.

Latest posts