what'd ya get for Christmas?

Help Support CattleToday:

iowa hawkeyes":1m7jn4y9 said:
This Christmas will be remembered by many in the midwest for years. The storm blew over, around, and through us for 3 days dumping about 20 inches of snow on us. Haven't had that much snow at once for years. So yesterday we scooped out bunks and fed cows, got the show calves in the barn too (they didn't have to be persauded at all) :) Got in and made a roast chicken and hash brown casserole for dinner. Spent the afternoon making caramel corn, brownies and cheesecake in my Christmas present (and birthday and anniversary for the next 10 years) ~ my new kitchen. Hubby also got me an Iowa Hawkeyes Snuggie. :D
We don't get too worked up about gifts here, maybe should do more, but we have enough stuff and was just thankful to have electricity and heat over the storm.

How do you make hash brown casserole?!? That sounds awesome.

aussie_cowgirl":18w1z1xr said:
iowa hawkeyes":18w1z1xr said:
This Christmas will be remembered by many in the midwest for years. The storm blew over, around, and through us for 3 days dumping about 20 inches of snow on us. Haven't had that much snow at once for years. So yesterday we scooped out bunks and fed cows, got the show calves in the barn too (they didn't have to be persauded at all) :) Got in and made a roast chicken and hash brown casserole for dinner. Spent the afternoon making caramel corn, brownies and cheesecake in my Christmas present (and birthday and anniversary for the next 10 years) ~ my new kitchen. Hubby also got me an Iowa Hawkeyes Snuggie. :D

We don't get too worked up about gifts here, maybe should do more, but we have enough stuff and was just thankful to have electricity and heat over the storm.

How do you make hash brown casserole?!? That sounds awesome.

I'll put it on the recipe page

MO_cows":214jo1n4 said:
The best gift today was seeing the little ones eyes light up and enjoying their thrilled excitement over new toys. And a good meal with almost the whole family gathered together in spite of terrible weather. We are the oldest generation on my husband's side of the family, both parents and the aunts and uncles are gone. As they have passed away the last few years, we have learned to really appreciate these times together. That's the real gift.

This is what it's all about. Thanks, MO_cows, for reminding me that I received the best gift of all. I won't mention the Windshield Wonder (as seen on TV) or the cologne that makes me smell like a hooker. :D

Having my three Children around the same Christmas Dinner table in 13 years, seeing my Granddaughter open her presents and to see her first crawl all on Christmas day wonderful. I got a lot of material presents which I was most greatful for as each one I wanted or needed. 2009 the best Christmas in a long time.

Well the best present was our son and daughter in law making it home safely for four full days. But also my son gave me a new pair of fencing pliers as he knows that all the ones I have planted around here have failed to grow. :D Also the bad weather stayed west of us so we got to go see my wifes folks for Christmas Day dinner. Not everyone could make it for the dinner due to the weather, but at least everyone was safe and no-one was stranded on the roads.

It was just the hubby and our 2 kids.

daughter got 2 Barbie Jeeps (Santa forgot what he got her earlier.) 2 Barbie dolls, a necklace, lip gloss, color craft set, Barbie clothes and some candy.
Son got a bow case, coyote calls with a video, fly fishing set and video, a duster, and some toy trucks.
Both get to share the new hunting Wii game.

Hubby got a new lock and driver set, crows feet tools, a V-8 book and some gloves and a scarf.
I got a tree ornament, sweater, pearl necklace set and a spotting scope. (Was really hoping for the range finder instead.) :D

I luv herfrds":3qayafus said:
Hubby got a new lock and driver set, crows feet tools, a V-8 book and some gloves and a scarf.
I got a tree ornament, sweater, pearl necklace set and a spotting scope. (Was really hoping for the range finder instead.) :D

Hey now, something about that just doesn't seem right........ :? ......imagine if someone :roll: gave you :shock: a new mop and bucket.... :eek: ...a floor sweeper.... :oops: ....a cookbook............. :???: rubber boots and a stocking cap. :p :santa:

I got one new shirt, a craftsman electric multitool, and a new 19.2 volt drill. All in all a near perfect Christmas. Oh and the best gift of all I didn't have to have dinner with my "Drama Queen" sister. Although I hear from those who were there that I missed quite a performance. :banana:

1982 he needed the crows feet because of all the automotive work he does around here on all the equipment. Threatened to hurt him if he loans them out. :D ;-)
He wanted the V-8 book and recently broke another piece of his older lock and driver set, the new one has more pieces.

Oh he got me a vaccum on our first Christmas together. I didn't mind because I needed it.
I buy my own rubber boots because he can't remember my boot size.

Which cookbook?????? I love new ones. He just groans and reminds me I have no room for a new one. :D

I got to see my parents and all the wife's family. Hope I can see them all next year.

Got the wife a new skillet and two pie cutters. Think that was subtle enough?

We had all three granbabies eating Christmas dinner at the new little table and chair set I built. It was pretty awesome. The one year old (plus a little) walked right up to one of the chairs and sat down first thing. Just her size :D

The kids gave me a new stainless grill. I am ready to put it to use. Tomorrow is a big day for me so we are cooking some steaks. Perfect timing.

I've been thinking and I'm not too sure what exatly I'm gonna do with a tomahawk.. Don't think I can strap it on Buzzy,'cause it's supposed to be a "real" one.. It's on backorder,son showed it to me on the computer.. Guess I can take up chunking it at targets..Mabe keep it by the bed along with the hammer~~we have a rapest around here,has attacked in ajoining countys.targets older women-oldest I heard of was 90 something.. One woman he broke in on shot at him..Sadly she missed..But I digress

HAHA, I Bought my wife a meat grinder for her birthday afew years back, then told her to get to work. :mrgreen:

Got 8 inches of snow with 4 and 5ft snow drifts.Got to spend Christmas day plowing out my and neighbors driveways,and about 3 miles of the county road.
But all in all it was a good Christmas,me the wife and MIL had a big roast beef dinner with all the fixens.
Didn't get to see my kids or Grandkids this year,but did talk to them all.
Best of all everyone is in good health.
I feel blessed to be almost 67 and still getting out and doing a day's work.
My family is scattered from Ohio,Washington,Missouri to Texas, and it's hard to get everyone together.

Cal

20" of snow! Time with my family. (best gift of all!), New Carhartt bibs and jacket! Needed it to dig out the cows and yard. Loved standing in the snow feeding the heifers last nite with warm bibs and jacket. (Last set was 16yrs old and wore out) :banana:

Got this lil girl. She was a day late gettin here, but I'll take her.

100_0613.jpg

Leather jacket
couple of shirts from Gander Mt.
several hundred rounds of 9mm ammo
Starbucks gift card
A book called Lone Survivor (first hand account of a navy seal operation called Operation Redwing in Afghanistan).

Latest posts