What?

Help Support CattleToday:

farmguy

Reaction score
Saw something kinda strange today. I was cutting hay and the hay was standing up nice. There were deer beds around. They are small and just flattened hay. Then I came across a area that was flattened and four to five feet in diameter. On my second pass I looked closer and all the hay was flattened in a perfect clockwise circle when I looked down from the tractor. Any ideas?

Sounds like something in the canine family, they turn around and around in a circle before lying down.

Credit to Sim.-Ang.King

Aliens.jpg

I think a board and rope and a buddy are all you need. Some of the crop circles are pretty neat. Creative folks.

Or aliens. I always hope some alien would come to help with chores. That would be nice. Not into probes of any kind myself, but I can show them primitive Earth farming. Maybe they would dig it in some sort of nostalgic way.

One of my sons thinks it was a bear too. We do have bears here. I have my doubts as the clockwise flattening was so perfect. I am leaning to the weather thing.

I'm going with bear. Where I used to work, it wasn't uncommon for bears to bed in the hay and as Jeanne said, they do the same in corn fields, around in circles.

Latest posts