What would you say she is?

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score

First animal ever bought from the auction. I loved the ear and naval. I thought brangus at first but the more I look at her the more I feel like a stronger brahman influence then the brangus I have. Any opinions. My camera is not the best.

I was leaning towards more f1 then brangus. Her face was so skinny and ears quite bigger when put with my other brangus. In that one picture she is with a brangus angus cross.

Not bad. There was a few good 1x4 heifers at the barn this week, good bwf brought $800 and a brammer heifer brought $1450. I haven't seen that price in a while locally

the calfs were high in my opinion this week. Some were at $2.85 a pound. A guy next to me bougt a 3 month old for his back yard. This 7 month old is went in a pasture with another heifer I weaned to calm her nerves. Have enough feed to make it, vet did an ultrasound and said she looks suspicious. Gave her a shot of lute. I saw a bunch of brahma cross with horns but I am not liking horns anymore and black fits my herd.

BK9954":ylvc6h9g said:
the calfs were high in my opinion this week. Some were at $2.85 a pound. A guy next to me bougt a 3 month old for his back yard. This 7 month old is went in a pasture with another heifer I weaned to calm her nerves. Have enough feed to make it, vet did an ultrasound and said she looks suspicious. Gave her a shot of lute. I saw a bunch of brahma cross with horns but I am not liking horns anymore and black fits my herd.
Where did you see a calf at 2.85? I haven't seen that in a year.

BK9954":34cfx19c said:

What did the calf weigh that brought 2.85?

Lockhart Auction, Lockhart Tx. Black calf, didnt watch the weight, I was looking at who was buying these calfs in disbelief. No bigger then 150 pounds. I told the guy next to me I should bring some up here. That guy said its the same group of men buying all the small calves every week running the price up. Not sure if that is the case but it was the same guys buying the calves.

BK9954":91gmco6x said:
Lockhart Auction, Lockhart Tx. Black calf, didnt watch the weight, I was looking at who was buying these calfs in disbelief. No bigger then 150 pounds. I told the guy next to me I should bring some up here.

Could be a tie down calf for somebody. Gets a litttle crazy on them sometimes. Two came through our yard Thursday according to the report. Weighed 210. Brought 1.31. Wish I had em. We're fresh out.

Latest posts