what to plant to block neighbors

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard":1prow5qs said:
Plant Chinese tallow. A very fast grower.
You won't be able to see the neighbors and the neighbors will then be the least of your problems.
LOL :lol:
Tallow trees are not that bad as long as you don't mind picking up limbs after every strong wind and don't mind fighting to keep them from taking over the whole place.

Ryder":74dpushk said:
greybeard":74dpushk said:
Plant Chinese tallow. A very fast grower.
You won't be able to see the neighbors and the neighbors will then be the least of your problems.
LOL :lol:
Tallow trees are not that bad as long as you don't mind picking up limbs after every strong wind and don't mind fighting to keep them from taking over the whole place.
Mix in a few fruitless mulberry trees and they'll be coming up under the house in a few years.

TexasBred":vgytyrfm said:
ddd75":vgytyrfm said:
well they have 4 yapping dogs.... so I yelled over a couple times. the other day I really let them have it
*(yelling while they were outside)

I really want to shoot all those dogs. bad.
That will solve the problem...........and create a much larger one.
LOL Yup...
Plant the dogs, 40' apart, leave the tails sticking up out of the ground (Dogwood trees have to come from somewhere)
IF they don't grow... oh well... innocent mistake and offer to plant 4 trees of their choice to make up for it.

How about a nice privacy fence? No waiting, and will get your point across right now. You need to be neighbors with your neighbors. Heck I have a couple deadbeats for neighbors, their alright besides neither one has ever had a job. She's supposedly disabled and very well might be and he's just sorry.

True Grit Farms":2tjw9a45 said:
How about a nice privacy fence? No waiting, and will get your point across right now. You need to be neighbors with your neighbors. Heck I have a couple deadbeats for neighbors, their alright besides neither one has ever had a job. She's supposedly disabled and very well might be and he's just sorry.

if i built a 8' privacy fence then it'd be about 2200 in material. it'd probly work but i don't want to spend that much. i can't see them from my house.. just the field near my house.

this might work though :banana:

https://www.amazon.com/Privacy-Windscre ... B00IJPOR02

Son of Butch":3k3vb3fn said:
TexasBred":3k3vb3fn said:
ddd75":3k3vb3fn said:
well they have 4 yapping dogs.... so I yelled over a couple times. the other day I really let them have it
*(yelling while they were outside)

I really want to shoot all those dogs. bad.
That will solve the problem...........and create a much larger one.
LOL Yup...
Plant the dogs, 40' apart, leave the tails sticking up out of the ground (Dogwood trees have to come from somewhere)
IF they don't grow... oh well... innocent mistake and offer to plant 4 trees of their choice to make up for it.
hahaha

that'd be great :lol2:

I would go with a combination of two suggestions. Slightly to your side of the property line plant Leyland Cypress. They grow fast, they are evergreen, and they look nice. Right on the fence line two rows of used tin. With the 3 foot tin, two rows would make the fence 6 foot tall. It will help a little as a sound barrier and give them something pleasant to look at.

How about digging a long canal and piling the dirt as close to his fence as possible and then set up some shooting stands and let your friends and yourself use the dirt backstop to stop the bullets.

Dave":oy69n28n said:
I would go with a combination of two suggestions. Slightly to your side of the property line plant Leyland Cypress. They grow fast, they are evergreen, and they look nice. Right on the fence line two rows of used tin. With the 3 foot tin, two rows would make the fence 6 foot tall. It will help a little as a sound barrier and give them something pleasant to look at.

I like the sounds of this idea. :D

hurleyjd":2fwcuwg3 said:
How about digging a long canal and piling the dirt as close to his fence as possible and then set up some shooting stands and let your friends and yourself use the dirt backstop to stop the bullets.

I have a dirt berm backstop for shooting too. Sometimes, I shoot from the West side of the berm--sometimes I shoot from the east side of the berm...if ya get my drift..

Latest posts