What to do?

Help Support CattleToday:

359pete

Reaction score
There is 650 acres sitting dormant just down the road from the house! My brother and I want to use it together but he doesn't think a precondition lot will work.
Does anyone have any suggestions on where we can do some research together. It will be lease free and rent free. Theres a big plus! I do have some info on some big feedlots and buyers. I also know the Purina feed sales rep. for our area. I want to convince him that we can make work!

:help: :help: :?: :cowboy:

does the 650acs have good grass on it.if so id bale about 200acs for hay.an if the fences are good an you have a good corral.id buy a some bred cows or pairs.alot depends on how much you have to spend on cows.i wouldnt want to go in debt for cows less i could make the payments.without depending on the cows to make them.is the place cross fenced.id start with 25 cows.an slowly add cows as you get used to working with them.do you have a tractor.

You also need to check with your zoning agency in the county in which you live. Some counties are animal friendly, and some are not. Do your homework.

They guy probably will just be thrilled that yall can bush hog it for him and repair his fences. I have done this sort of thing before and it is the second and third year where you run into problems. Pay the man (even if this is a relative) because invariably somebody else will offer him cash for it once you have everything looking good. Get this thing under contract before you go off spending a whole lot of money out there. I am much more partial to pairs or bred heifers myself than running a preconditioning lot.