what time do yall eat

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
yer evening meal...

supper or dinner as it may be...

my parents always ate at 5 o'clock..if you were late ya didnt eat..she only called twice

we eat when the werk is done now..hopefully by 7-730 since my 3 yr old has bed by 8-830...

i know he's probly eatin too late but we eat as a family at dinner so..it is when it is

but he does git a nap from bout 1 to 4 so he eats again when he wakes up...so its bout 3 hrs later..he eats all day anyways

gary

We do not have kids, so our eating pattern is not that regular.
i drive school bus full time and it is sometimes hard to get things done in the day. So since i leave at 3pm, no sense in stopping for lunch at noon. See, I just got started on the farm day at about 930, 10:00 am. (get home about that time depending on whether i have to go to the bus garage for repairs or not). So we eat lunch about 2-230pm. Then that makes supper to close.
In a round about way, I am trying to say 7-9pm for supper...in the spring, summer and fall when the days are longer...earlier in the winter when it gets dark at 430pm

When we get around to it.
Husband gets home about 7 most nights from his job. Right now, cows are pretty well on auto pilot with all the grass, so I'm waiting on him. Shorter days and cold weather when cows have to be fed, or any time we're working cows or any of the other 1001 things that can come up out of the blue, he's waiting on me.

He grew up with parents who worked for the state - family sat down to dinner at 6:00.
I grew up on the farm and both parents worked off the farm, too. I cooked from the time I could reach the stove, and once it was cooked, everybody grabbed a plate when you could, often in shifts.

Our goddaughter (not quite 3) spent the week with us last week. I fed her good (balanced, filling meal) at lunch so I could feed her quick (pbj and yogurt or something similar) in the evening and get her in the bed near her regualr time of 7:30. We ate after we put her to bed.

when i go in every evening from work, i change boots and put on a Tshirt and out the door..and not back in till after dark sometimes i eat sometimes not

yep -- sounds similar

dinner is 7:30ish...
little tyke grand-daughter has bath then bed by 8:30...
dishes done by 9:00...
run dogs for a little...
collect eggs from the coop...
off to bed by 10-10:30

it all starts over again at 4 a.m.

Being old folks I guess we're set in our ways. Kids are grown so it's just me and the wife. We eat supper everynight at 6:00 give or take 5 minutes. Still always sit down at the table and eat together, talk, visit and then watch tv and read til bedtime which is usually shortly after 9:00PM. Get up about 5:15 every morning.

Our dinner time changes with the seasons, too. We usually don't eat til after it gets dark during the week. Sometimes we just have a sandwich or skip it altogether. Another Murphy's Law, the more effort it required to make the dinner, the later the husband will come in from outside.

Early. Since I eat at 11:15 for lunch at work, and my son eats before noon, we, especially he, is starving when he gets home. I start cooking around four-thirty and have it done by the time Steve gets home. I think it's nice to come home to the smell of supper.

Anytime from 9-11PM. Mowed hay tonight until 10 so I just finished supper. To bed after watching the news and up at 6 to watch the same news again.

Growing up we ate at 12:00 noon and at 6:00, my mom is the type that it doesn't mean 10 after either, it was 12 and 6. My grandparents ate at 12 and 6, my cousins ate at 12 and 6, in fact everybody we knew ate at 12 and 6, I thought that was the only time you could eat. Now, whenever.

Larry

At the age my kids are at it is hard to gather them all for supper. They know if they are not around, they can eat left overs. I also informed them that I am not a fry cook and will not take seperate requests ~ they eat what I make or they make their own or they don't eat. Now that they are old enough, they are more inclined to make their own :roll: . I really do miss eating supper at the table with them though.

larryshoat":f7dw73d7 said:
Growing up we ate at 12:00 noon and at 6:00, my mom is the type that it doesn't mean 10 after either, it was 12 and 6. My grandparents ate at 12 and 6, my cousins ate at 12 and 6, in fact everybody we knew ate at 12 and 6, I thought that was the only time you could eat. Now, whenever.

Larry

Heard that........Whenever and Whatever.... :lol2:

We are really used to eating late ,after dairy farming for all those years . We would eat dinner at 9 or 10 Pm. Now it is whenever we can get to dinner or if/when hubby gets home . I will sometimes ask him to stop for a bite if it is really late but he likes to eat a home cooked meal especially if he has been gone for a while. Tonight we are just eating now and it is 10 pm. I had to deliver a bull and when I got home I still had to put the dumplings and veggies in with the roast beef. I hate eating late but sometimes have no choice. I wish we could have a regular schedule like when we were first married but now with such busy lives it is nice just to be able to eat a homemade meal quite often. If we had a family things would be more scheduled .

When the kids were home we always ate around 6 or 6;30 usually after Wrestling, Baseball, or Football practice. Now that it's just us and the youngest son(21) so we eat earlier but never before 5pm. Still try to get some work done till dark, and then maybe a snack later.

Sunday dinner is always at 6pm sharp.

Unless I'm doing something important,I eat when I'm hungry :) . Winter we eat about 5:00 summer about 9:30 and I'm on the road alot spring and fall so whenever I get hungry I stop for fuel and crappy food.

1982vett":3709arri said:
larryshoat":3709arri said:

Larry

Heard that........Whenever and Whatever.... :lol2:
Me too. Here lately I've been throwing three or four sandwiches in the cooler and eat on the tractor or in the truck. I don't look at the time just eat when I get hungry. I did stop under a shade tree yesterday, but didn't stay long for fear of falling asleep.

angie":3v0zhb2z said:
At the age my kids are at it is hard to gather them all for supper. They know if they are not around, they can eat left overs. I also informed them that I am not a fry cook and will not take seperate requests ~ they eat what I make or they make their own or they don't eat. Now that they are old enough, they are more inclined to make their own :roll: .

It is probably a lot safer for them

up at 4:30 and rustle some breakfast on my own.

lunch at about 11. wait till 12 if working with others.

wife has supper ready when i get home a bit after five cause she says if she lets me get out the door first there is no telling when I will be back in the house and she ain't waiting all night.

no kids at home so this system has worked for about twenty years.

Latest posts