what time do yall eat

Help Support CattleToday:

Were not in the Military and really don't have a schedule we eat when Kathy says dinner is ready
~Tom

TexasBred":3vflqd44 said:
1982vett":3vflqd44 said:
Well.....yall all got it wrong if you were German and settled around here about 100 years ago... It was breakfast, lunch, dinner, lunch and supper....daybreak, mid-morning break, dinner at noon, mid-afternoon break, and supper at dark.

:lol: Don't know how they got the work done when they was eating all the time...but they did a lot of it and got it done.
And ALL washed down with beer....cold, warm, hot...didn't matter much.

Don't know what happened to change that, but it didn't happen on either side of our family tree. .... Ma and Granny didn't allow it and ya better not be caught being seen where it was consumed.

1982vett":2ma8aya1 said:
TexasBred":2ma8aya1 said:
1982vett":2ma8aya1 said:
Well.....yall all got it wrong if you were German and settled around here about 100 years ago... It was breakfast, lunch, dinner, lunch and supper....daybreak, mid-morning break, dinner at noon, mid-afternoon break, and supper at dark.

:lol: Don't know how they got the work done when they was eating all the time...but they did a lot of it and got it done.
And ALL washed down with beer....cold, warm, hot...didn't matter much.

Don't know what happened to change that, but it didn't happen on either side of our family tree. .... Ma and Granny didn't allow it and ya better not be caught being seen where it was consumed.

Really?? No drinking?? I don't think I've ever set down with a Pollock, Czech or German that didn't love his beer. Baptist musta got hold of your folks. ;-)

Really don't know what broke the "tradition"...I never asked but they were devoutMethodists and Lutheran.

Catholics don't recognise Christ as the Messiah, Protestants don't recognise the Pope as the head of the Christian Church, and Baptist don't recognise each other in the liquor store.

Etiquette....is Breakfast between 7:30 to 9:00am... Brunch between 9:30 to 11:00am...Luncheon between... 12:00 to 2:00pm.....High Tea between....2:30 to 4:00pm.....Dinner between 5:00 to 8:00pm.....Supper between 9:00 to 10:00pm... anything after these times is a night cap. Six small meals a day is supposed to be the best thing for your body. Little and often.
That is how it is written in the book of etiquette, not saying I follow it. :roll:
Sunday Dinner is nearly always at about 6pm. if we have it earlier not much work gets done after, so work first dinner after. in the week dinner is at 7pm supper is at 10/10:30pm. not really that strict try to be the same time each night as it is good for my diabetes. During the day is what ever time I feel hungry, but it is mainly fruit I eat during the day after toast for breakfast.

Latest posts