What should we ask for deposits for beef?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have found that if i see something and automatically want it, i need to wait a week and see if i have a need or just a want.
This is absolutely the best thought process when you see something you want. I am the worst when it comes to buying something I want instead of something I need!

I have found that if i see something and automatically want it, i need to wait a week and see if i have a need or just a want.
That's some great advice. My dad also told me that if I make a habit of spending everything I make I'll always be poor, and both of those financial suggestions have proven out.

I charge $150 and typically sell only to folks I work with. I've only had one back out, last minute, and that was trying to get the deposit from the lady. Was a friend of a friend (that turned out to both be scum) and I'm glad she didn't go in on it.

I learned something very important from my grandparents that helped me tremendously over the years, and without that lesson I wouldn't be where I am today, it's pretty simple, if you don't need it, don't buy it.

I've learned that there are some "wants" in life that we "need." No one needs to watch television, technically. You won't die without it like food and water. However, you need entertainment in your life to make it fulfilling. That being said, my 43" TV does a pretty good job, and the same job a 75" TV would do.

I've learned that there are some "wants" in life that we "need." No one needs to watch television, technically. You won't die without it like food and water. However, you need entertainment in your life to make it fulfilling. That being said, my 43" TV does a pretty good job, and the same job a 75" TV would do.

I don't drink,gamble, go to beer joint's or run women.
As I get older, I will splurge a little on my grandkids.
I told my wife, since we work seven days a week, we are going to stay cool in the summer, I seen people die worth millions of $, and wouldn't turn the AC on.
It gets to the point where you have to say what's the use?
If you can't enjoy a little of it there's no use in having it.

I told my wife, since we work seven days a week, we are going to stay cool in the summer, I seen people die worth millions of $, and wouldn't turn the AC on.
Yup... but then we've all seen those people that are addicted to spending, even if they don't have it to spend. The extremes on either side of spending are ugly in different ways.

Yup... but then we've all seen those people that are addicted to spending, even if they don't have it to spend. The extremes on either side of spending are ugly in different ways.
My ex wife was a spender, and there never was a sale she could not pass up. She would buy something and tell me how much she saved on it. I would ask was it something we needed; her response usually no, but we might someday. She never could get the concept of "if it is on sale and you don't need it, it's not on sale".

My ex wife was a spender, and there never was a sale she could not pass up. She would buy something and tell me how much she saved on it. I would ask was it something we needed; her response usually no, but we might someday. She never could get the concept of "if it is on sale and you don't need it, it's not on sale".
My wife was in banking. She had more than one customer that thought that as long as they had checks... they had money to spend.

I've never understood gambling. No one is ahead, but it's their money. I like having a 'nest egg' for emergencies, but I'm really working on spending SOME money on things I like and want to do. I used to be so cheap, but I've realized you can't take it with you when you die.

I've never understood gambling. No one is ahead, but it's their money. I like having a 'nest egg' for emergencies, but I'm really working on spending SOME money on things I like and want to do. I used to be so cheap, but I've realized you can't take it with you when you die.
Couldn't agree with you more. Paid the farm off three years ago and I've been lettin' loose a bit. I used to be tight as a drum, although that's probably why the farm is now mine. You're right, you can't take it with you.