what ive been doing lately

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms":lgbe6sx3 said:
Ryder":lgbe6sx3 said:
kerley":lgbe6sx3 said:
I had a young black man in Troy, Alabama tell me that nothing be more better than Opossum and sweet taters like his mama fix. Anyone know about that.
Tom.
He is right as best I can remember. It has been a long time.
I only knew of one white lady that could/would cook it and she is now dead. But when I was a little boy she would send for me to come every time they had possum and taters because I enjoyed it so much.

At home we only had things like steak, fried chicken, pork. So possum was a real treat for me.

Kerley, I'm disappointed. Your from the south but say Opposum?????? Maybe your just trying to be gramatically correct. Everyone knows it possum ;-) And if you'd ever seen what they eat you might not want to eat them. I can remember as a kid my grandfather riding me in his truck through his pasture. He had a cow that had died and the carcass had been out for a while and was smelling ripe. As he drove up to it to set it on fire, at least 10 or more possums ran out. Don't know if I'd ever eat them, can't get that picture out of my head.

You have to pen possums and feed 'em corn for two or three or four weeks before you kill and eat them.

cypressfarms":1j3pbvja said:
Ryder":1j3pbvja said:
kerley":1j3pbvja said:
I had a young black man in Troy, Alabama tell me that nothing be more better than Opossum and sweet taters like his mama fix. Anyone know about that.
Tom.
He is right as best I can remember. It has been a long time.
I only knew of one white lady that could/would cook it and she is now dead. But when I was a little boy she would send for me to come every time they had possum and taters because I enjoyed it so much.

At home we only had things like steak, fried chicken, pork. So possum was a real treat for me.

Kerley, I'm disappointed. Your from the south but say Opposum?????? Maybe your just trying to be gramatically correct. Everyone knows it possum ;-) And if you'd ever seen what they eat you might not want to eat them. I can remember as a kid my grandfather riding me in his truck through his pasture. He had a cow that had died and the carcass had been out for a while and was smelling ripe. As he drove up to it to set it on fire, at least 10 or more possums ran out. Don't know if I'd ever eat them, can't get that picture out of my head.
The thought of eating a possum makes me sick. They are as close to a rat as I can see. Glad your back with us, we all missed you.
Tom.

I remember about seven years ago my Queensland Heeler "Spud" went in her dog house only to discover she had company. I could hear the uproar, hissing and growling, finally a large possum [Opossum] came flying out with Spud right behind it. Spud did retain one possum foot.
I named her "Spud" because she was the only female in the litter and Blue in color. Her three brothers were larger and red. That is a dog that I can never replace. I sure miss her.
Tom.

Latest posts