What is wrong with this bull?

Help Support CattleToday:

sansonet

Reaction score
My ex keeps a small pack of cows, this is the biggest bull, probably "boss of pack", I don't know much about them myself, but bull screams like this occasionally, specially at night/early morning. Maybe because it is hot here so they are trying to sleep in shade in daytime and to graze at night. On this video he looks at me while screaming, if Im not there, he just screams without directing it on anybody. I can hear him screaming right now as I'm typing. Ex said its "bull thing" and nothing to worry about, but I want to make sure he not hurt or anything else like that.

Interesting first post. Welcome!

Considering your ex thinks this is normal and you don't, I'm going to hazard a guess that's the reason he's your ex.

Haha! I don't know how to use the emoji's, so please understand my sarcasm. A cattleman will come along to give you a proper answer.

Interesting first post. Welcome!

Considering your ex thinks this is normal and you don't, I'm going to hazard a guess that's the reason he's your ex.

Haha! I don't know how to use the emoji's, so please understand my sarcasm. A cattleman will come along to give you a proper answer.
No problem, I'm pretty much a sarcastic person myself 😊

Ex lives on another side of pasture from me, so I'm interacting with cows a lot too. I even raised an abandoned one myself ~15 years ago (she still lives there), but I don't believe I have seen that behavior before. Maybe he just reached the proper age/size to do this.
Thank you all for the answers, I'm glad this is normal for bulls and not some problem with health (y)

PS. see attached pic that shows where smiles are, just click on smiles icon, it's on screenshot circled in red ScreenShot_2022-07-09_07:57:06.jpg

My ex keeps a small pack of cows, this is the biggest bull, probably "boss of pack", I don't know much about them myself, but bull screams like this occasionally, specially at night/early morning. Maybe because it is hot here so they are trying to sleep in shade in daytime and to graze at night. On this video he looks at me while screaming, if Im not there, he just screams without directing it on anybody. I can hear him screaming right now as I'm typing. Ex said its "bull thing" and nothing to worry about, but I want to make sure he not hurt or anything else like that.

He's fine. Besides telling the cows he's there. He's really telling any other bull around that this is his pasture and his cows. It's an animal kingdom dominance thing. Male lions do the same thing. It's a challenge to any other males.

Welcome to CT.

Normal behavior. All the bulls around here stand at the fence and Beller. I listen to the bulls beller and the coyotes howl.

Normal yes but every bull sounds different. I have found when weaning time comes along they start out very vocal and the ones who don't stop calling out become quite hoarse and end up sounding like this.