What is this old John Deere MT worth?

Help Support CattleToday:

alabama

Reaction score
This old tractor was not run or moved in at least ten years could be twenty. What do y'all think i should offer for it if i felt like a project next winter? I think it is an old John Deere MT.
DSC00007.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

from what i can see of the old mt.id say its worth $500 to $1000 as is.restored could bring $3000 or better.

I agree with $500 to $1000. Looks complete. Probably wouldn't take much to get it running. One word of warning about those M's though. If your going to be using it for field work and are much above 6 foot, I'd order the painkillers now. That has to be one of the most cramped feeling tractors I have ever been on.

I may just offer her $500 in the fall. She buys my hay so we can work out a swap. Thanks for the kelp.
How can i tell if the moter is locked up without dooing a bunch of work.

alabama":leibwi9y said:
How can i tell if the moter is locked up without dooing a bunch of work.

I would suggest you take a strap wrench and out it around the belt pulley. Put it in neutral and make sure the clutch is disengaged and see if you can turn it over. If not, I've heard those things are pretty easy to break free by putting oil on the cylinders and giving them a tow

The tires look like they're still up, wow! Looks like an MT, was thinking about $500 myself. You must have more patience than I do.

cfpinz

I wish that ole John Deere was closer,me and her would sure do some tradin.................good luck

PS its worth what someone is willin to pay for it,my guess is some where around $500.if you trade,let me know when you get tired of tinkering with it,I will come and haul it off for you :D

I will keep you in mind Hay Maker. I wonder if that think will pull a "V" rake?
I still ain't takled to the lady that ownes it but I should see her soon.

alabama":1sanl4ch said:
I will keep you in mind Hay Maker. I wonder if that think will pull a "V" rake?
I still ain't takled to the lady that ownes it but I should see her soon.

Yes,I think it would pull a rake,have an ole neighbor that rakes with a model A,claims that tricycle front end caint be beat for sharp turns when raking.........good luck

I bought JD 730 Diesel for $1000 several years ago. We've put probably $4000 into the hunk of junk and still can't even drive it. We 'tried' to drill in rye grass once and it overheated before we even got it to the pasture. It's difficult to find parts for and we've been to a tractor junk yard pulling parts on multiple occasions. If your of mechanical mindset go for it. If your like me - let it sit :lol:

sidney411":22g2pyij said:
I bought JD 730 Diesel for $1000 several years ago. We've put probably $4000 into the hunk of junk and still can't even drive it. We 'tried' to drill in rye grass once and it overheated before we even got it to the pasture. It's difficult to find parts for and we've been to a tractor junk yard pulling parts on multiple occasions. If your of mechanical mindset go for it. If your like me - let it sit :lol:
sid what you need todo is find a good machine shop.an when something tears up on the 730.have the parts fabracated in the machine shop.

Latest posts