• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

What is it??

BeefmasterB

Reaction score
Was puttering around the Ouichita Mountains this weekend and saw these and could not identify them. Can anyone guess what they are or the mix? Sorry they are so far away. Took the pic from the road. They are a honey brown with a white srip down their back.

CPL

Reaction score
It reminds me of a crossbred Pinzgauer.

Ryan

Reaction score
BeefmasterB":1i61iyf5 said:
dun":1i61iyf5 said:
CPL":1i61iyf5 said:
It reminds me of a crossbred Pinzgauer.

Or longhorn

???????????????????????????????????????

Looks like a grown up version of some young heifers a buddy of mine had. Out of Longhorn dams, sired by a Charolais bull.

Ryan

Mr. Greenjeans

Reaction score
It's a 50:50 shot. Either Pinzgauer or Continental X Longhorn.

Here is an example of the same pattern seen with Brangus X Longhorn.

Needless to say, around here, Pinzgauer breeders typically get hosed at the sale barn because of this pattern similarity.

randiliana

Reaction score
Some Char bulls will throw calves with a white lineback and/or tail. It isn't uncommon to see tan cattle around here that have a white back or tail. Doesn't mean that there is any Pinz or Longhorn in them. They can be Char x Red Angus or Hereford, or any other red breed.

Beefy

Reaction score
it just looks like a charolais cross to me. could be crossed with anynumber of other breeds and come out like that probably something red.

Latest posts