What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry":3wbyohem said:
How hard is it to find non-gmo seed? I have been told it is very difficult.
I think you can get it from any seed dealer. My boss said it's expensive but well worth it for him. They do test it and can tell if it's non-gmo or not. If I haul a load of regular corn I have to really clean the trailer out good if I'm hauling non-gmo.

My concern is that foreign countries own the patents to almost all GMO grain. It is coded so they know if your crop is GMO
(They audit row-crop farmers. They audited a neighbor and good friend of mine.) These folks had it down to the acre how much you should have planted and they wanted to see it and make sure the farmer has not held any back.

If there is ever a crisis, what is to prevent them from stopping all seed grain sales to the US.

sstterry":2skqb8hi said:
My concern is that foreign countries own the patents to almost all GMO grain. It is coded so they know if your crop is GMO
(They audit row-crop farmers. They audited a neighbor and good friend of mine.) These folks had it down to the acre how much you should have planted and they wanted to see it and make sure the farmer has not held any back.

If there is ever a crisis, what is to prevent them from stopping all seed grain sales to the US.
Possibly could be a good reason to use non-gmo seed. I know it's illegal to use Roundup ready grain as seed and people have lost the farm over it. Maybe the non GMO grain would be legal to use for seed, or at least untraceable. I am speculating, but you got me to thinking.

ohiosteve":l4gboia2 said:
sstterry":l4gboia2 said:
How hard is it to find non-gmo seed? I have been told it is very difficult.
I think you can get it from any seed dealer. My boss said it's expensive but well worth it for him. They do test it and can tell if it's non-gmo or not. If I haul a load of regular corn I have to really clean the trailer out good if I'm hauling non-gmo.
Correction. I asked my boss this morning he said the non GMO or "conventional" seed is actually cheaper, but the market for selling it is harder to find but he's predicting the market is going to get a lot bigger.

3rd cutting over and done as of last Monday. Been blessed with the rain. Never been through for the year this early. Wish I could share some of our rain and good fortune with our neighbors out west who are in drought conditions.

ez14.":1xpc4z2o said:
Jogeephus":1xpc4z2o said:
Breaking the monotony at work.

We need a video of you wrestling this thing

I was doing good to just get the picture. Its odd how fish always looks so big in the water then shrink terribly when you land them but gators and snakes seem to grow in size when you grab them. ;-)

JMJ Farms, this one didn't show any signs of fear either.

Grass 1
G8 Shear Pin 0

Let the games begin.

40077701_1961298190834737_6397864746766303232_n.jpg

Now you know that Grade 8 and shear pin don't go together!! Gonna have to slow down a gear or two Jogeephus! It ain't centipede :hide:

JMJ Farms":1d72evh2 said:
Now you know that Grade 8 and shear pin don't go together!! Gonna have to slow down a gear or two Jogeephus! It ain't centipede :hide:
Ain't that the truth. Replacing a shear pin is a lot easier than a broken chain or worse. I try to use the softest bolt I can.

Latest posts