What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

Making my daily trip 23 miles through the woods to see one of my herds, a little whiter than usual.

No one had been on this 6 mile stretch in a day and a half

Denver even a flat lander like Jed has traveled those exact same roads a time or two
You were only a couple miles from my old place thanks for the pics
that first hill on A off of 5 can sure fool ya when your loaded isn't steep but it will sure make ya know you got a load on
be careful out there

Angus Cowman":20s9v2bo said:
Denver even a flat lander like Jed has traveled those exact same roads a time or two
You were only a couple miles from my old place thanks for the pics
that first hill on A off of 5 can sure fool ya when your loaded isn't steep but it will sure make ya know you got a load on
be careful out there
Yea, that's a longer hill than it looks like or something. With this snow on the worst part is from A on over to caney mountain on glade top, some of those long hills require getting a pretty good run at them, but when there's a 90 turn right at the top and the roads slick you can't get to much speed or you'll be flying off the side and dropping 300ft. Then from caney on over to rueter it ain't bad at all.

Snapped a pick of my youngest while we were checking on some calves born during this cold snap. If you look close, you can see a little ultra black curled up behind her.

Great picture bigfoot, looks just like my woods today. I love seeing happy kids, hope you have a nice fire going inside like we do!

jedstivers":1urtox4s said:
She's a doll. Bet she has you wrapped up.

We've been out in it all day. She hadn't complained yet. Actually been quit a bit of help. Feed truck can't run, we went and got 30 sacks. She's only 6, she drug em to the tailgate for me.

Bigfoot":fxeodc4m said:
jedstivers":fxeodc4m said:
She's a doll. Bet she has you wrapped up.

We've been out in it all day. She hadn't complained yet. Actually been quit a bit of help. Feed truck can't run, we went and got 30 sacks. She's only 6, she drug em to the tailgate for me.
Most 40 year old men getting paid to work can't go do that without complaining.

Is that Ava in the pic, Denver? That is a nice looking sale ring they have there.
I sure do like their weigh board, some of ours here have little dinky antique- looking weight boards that are hard to read.

jasonleonard":1vuxth78 said:
Is that Ava in the pic, Denver? That is a nice looking sale ring they have there.
I sure do like their weigh board, some of ours here have little dinky antique- looking weight boards that are hard to read.
Yep, it's Ava, only had about 1000 today, but the market sure was good.

Me and the girls rode down in the holler after church today. I needed to pull the memory cards on the trail cameras. They wanted a picture of "Stone Head". Not everyone can see the resemblance, but it looks like person's head to them any way.

We stopped and got a sip of water at one of the bigger springs on my place. They think its neat to drink water out of the ground. I told them it would be good for them to know it was there, if hard times ever came. My littlest asked what hard times was. I just said, "I hope you never find out".

I didn't tell them their great grandfather got busted by the Feds in that very spot back in '46 making moonshine. I guess that spring was good for something besides cattle.

Pretty pictures, that looks alot like the place I grew up on, it's got a cave with a spring below it and looks alot like your picture.

Latest posts