What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks Jed and Sky. They are a couple of great kids. My son is going through an independent phase. He went squirrel hunting. There are a few caves, and overhangs around that area. It looked like a bobcat had taken up residence in one of them.

denvermartinfarms":1i5vqypq said:
Pretty pictures, that looks alot like the place I grew up on, it's got a cave with a spring below it and looks alot like your picture.

Anytime you post pictures, I think to myself how similar your part of the country looks to mine.

Bigfoot":2bfbkl1y said:
denvermartinfarms":2bfbkl1y said:
Pretty pictures, that looks alot like the place I grew up on, it's got a cave with a spring below it and looks alot like your picture.

Anytime you post pictures, I think to myself how similar your part of the country looks to mine.
Yes sir, it really does.

Everyone home, and waiting for the Blizzard. :lol2:
before+the+strom+003.JPG

Orphan eating with his big brothers.
before+the+strom+001.JPG

After that, a climate change should be welcome.

Still a little chill in the air and windy, but it's sunny.

Also nice to have good winter pasture.

You got a lot more snow than I did. All I got was this cold, cold weather. Could be worse, I guess. I could be homeless on the street in Chicago, I suppose. The last January like this was 1977. My area averaged 0 (zero, zed) for the month. The Ohio River froze and some adventurous idiots walked across to KY. The local newspaper did a front page story, with a picture. Be cautious everyone. Don't try to add one more electric heater to that old house which was wired for 40 amps by the REA. Don't try to be "tough" and stay outside too long. Just be smart. Go to bed with your wife/significant other and pull on the blankets. We're forecast to be back to "normal" by Sat.

denvermartinfarms":32bg1t0j said:

Fancy way to bust ice. :D

Idiot buddy of mine edged his truck into the pond hoping to bust it with his front tires, needless to say it didn't work out as planned and he had to be towed out.

den/farms it's amazing how in one Country you can have such extreme weathers, my friends have just gone back home to the US from here, and it is 72F and bright sunshine. They are just outside Hollywood in Thousand Oaks California.

chrisy":2kzzb28r said:
den/farms it's amazing how in one Country you can have such extreme weathers, my friends have just gone back home to the US from here, and it is 72F and bright sunshine. They are just outside Hollywood in Thousand Oaks California.
Yep, high of 5 yesterday and gonna be in the 50s in a few days.

J&D Cattle":1ii1nien said:
denvermartinfarms":1ii1nien said:

Fancy way to bust ice. :D

Idiot buddy of mine edged his truck into the pond hoping to bust it with his front tires, needless to say it didn't work out as planned and he had to be towed out.
I can't say I haven't done that :nod: but I do avoid it and I haven't ever got stuck. That backhoe is all I've ran the last few days, I feed here at home and break the ice with it, then load all my hay that go's to the other places, pretty handy!

Latest posts