What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot":1j70p2wh said:
fenceman":1j70p2wh said:
Caught between a high fence and a hard place. Owner of the high fence place built inside the property line. The old net wire fence. Can't touch anything on his side. Been a lot of discussion about cleaning old fence lines. We cleared this 4700 feet by hand . Going to have to go to my bag of tricks to spool out the wire.

[/url[URL=http://s908.photobucket.com/user/fenceman11/media/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0446_zpsucph22lq.jpg.html][/url[URL=http://s908.photobucket.com/user/fenceman11/media/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0449_zpsmr2tzeiv.jpg.html][/url[URL=http://s908.photobucket.com/user/fenceman11/media/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0441_zpsqzxjamum.jpg.html]

I'm assuming that is some kind of a game fence. Is that pretty common in your area? I lease my hunting out, and enjoy their success far more than I ever enjoyed my own, when i was hunting.

Very common here. I have kinda mixed feelings about the high fence thing

sim.-ang.king":166licjg said:
and having some calves.
20150920_091049.jpg

Are those rare albino sim-ang's you got there sim ang king ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

skyhightree1":318vjp7c said:
sim.-ang.king":318vjp7c said:
and having some calves.
20150920_091049.jpg

Are those rare albino sim-ang's you got there sim ang king ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes they are...I have an up coming online sale. Starting bid for this rare bull calf is only $3,000 (for 1/16 share) on future semen sales.

Always had horses. I don't need horses but i couldn't imagine not having one around. I've never done any competition roping but someday if I ever get caught up. I've thought I might enjoy learning and doing it. Team roping is kinda like golf for cowboys. Older fellows can still play. The president of our bank is well into his 70s and still competes in a senior circuit.

fenceman":d9nx0jmn said:
Always had horses. I don't need horses but i couldn't imagine not having one around. I've never done any competition roping but someday if I ever get caught up. I've thought I might enjoy learning and doing it. Team roping is kinda like golf for cowboys. Older fellows can still play. The president of our bank is well into his 70s and still competes in a senior circuit.

It's a great activity. I try to have about 4 Saturdays a year for young people to come and try and learn some basics. I'd be less surprised to find out somebody walked to the moon, than I would be if they started roping without some help.

An Amish barn burnt down on Saturday. Boss sent me to help clean up monday morning and the new barn was already on its way up.

Been taking some high moisture corn off for feed but beans are still a little green.

Sure been some pretty evenings.

HDRider":2mokypj5 said:
Been riding around looking at Pennsylvania farms. Some real beauts.

FFE32BEE-8F07-41CA-988F-5E486A9F8E86.jpg

HD that has got to be one of the most beautiful scenes I've ever seen. I'd love to just sit down where that picture was taken in soak in the scene all day long.

TB the area of PA I been working the last few weeks is full of them. This is not even close to as nice as some I have seen. I just had to stop here and take a pic to share. The old barns and farm houses, the valleys full of grass, corn or whatever are breathtaking.

Speaking of old barns, I found a store in Lititz PA that takes old barn wood and makes dining room tables and other things out of it. Two inch slabs of wood, some solid pieces four feet wide and 7 feet long. All kinds of wood, Sycamore, oak, hickory, maple, pine and others. Real nice stuff, and not too expensive. You can get a farm table that seats 8 for ~$2,000.

Just don't see stuff like this in much of the south.