What I'm seeing today

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman":3hcop8t9 said:
skyhightree1 :lol2: No dodges here... I wish Toyota made heavy duty trucks and diesels... Honestly I would buy a dodge if they got all their tranny issues resolved. I can't really say anything bad about their motors.[/quote:3hcop8t9 said:
Doge hasnt had a transmission problem in their diesel trucks since 07
So don't know what you are referring too
I would put the Aisin transmission up against a Allison anyday

AC I honestly don't know what year the builder I do a lot of work for had but they were at least 2009 models im sure. He had multiple tranny issues with those when they hit about 150k miles.. I wish I could say he went to ford and was happy but he replaced them with chevys. He has about 40 trucks all were dodge and I want to say a good 4 had tranny issues. He had a 5500 I want to say don't quote me but that thing was a POS always having tranny issues or transfer case problems the others were regular 1500 or2500 gas burners. I drove some of them a few times plenty of power like I say great power and motors.

Angus Cowman":21xq2f00 said:
skyhightree1 :lol2: No dodges here... I wish Toyota made heavy duty trucks and diesels... Honestly I would buy a dodge if they got all their tranny issues resolved.[size=150:21xq2f00 said:
I can't really say anything bad about their motors[/size].
I advise hearing protection, even if you're in the cab. If you're standing along the road...

denvermartinfarms":253x4y47 said:
sim.-ang.king":253x4y47 said:
Poor old dodge, always having to rely on someone else's parts.
Right, Allison, Isuzu- duramax. And ford hasn't had a good diesel since the 7.3 international.
Allison-Detroit, Isuzu, and duramax are all GMC owned, unlike Dodge.

sim.-ang.king":36u107c3 said:
denvermartinfarms":36u107c3 said:
sim.-ang.king":36u107c3 said:
Poor old dodge, always having to rely on someone else's parts.
Right, Allison, Isuzu- duramax. And ford hasn't had a good diesel since the 7.3 international.
Allison-Detroit, Isuzu, and duramax are all GMC owned, unlike Dodge.
Allison is not GM owned anymore, atleast that's what tvey told me and what I just read when I looked it up. And yes, Isuzu is partially GM owned.

Hey, it's nothing to me, I'm not stuck on any brand, I like Chevys really well and IF ford was building a good diesel truck I would consider one. I've been happy with my 07 dodge for over 200k trouble free miles.

The Allison plant that makes the GMC transmissions, is owned by GMC, that was part of the division deal. So the Allison transmissions in the GMC trucks, are owned by GMC.

john250":2xvmcrv1 said:
Angus Cowman":2xvmcrv1 said:
skyhightree1 :lol2: No dodges here... I wish Toyota made heavy duty trucks and diesels... Honestly I would buy a dodge if they got all their tranny issues resolved.[size=150:2xvmcrv1 said:
I can't really say anything bad about their motors[/size].
I advise hearing protection, even if you're in the cab. If you're standing along the road...
John
You must not of been around many if the newer dodge trucks
The ford and chevy V8 diesels are as loud or louder than the cummins 6 cylinder

Sky

The trans in the gas trucks is a whole different monster tgan is in the diesels
If I was buying gas would probly be a chevy
As for his 5500 dont matter what brand you will get a bad one or it could of been who was driving it also
Like I said if not a Dodge then I would go GM then probly a Toyota Fords kill my back

Angus Cowman":aik42e70 said:
Sky

The trans in the gas trucks is a whole different monster tgan is in the diesels
If I was buying gas would probly be a chevy
As for his 5500 dont matter what brand you will get a bad one or it could of been who was driving it also
Like I said if not a Dodge then I would go GM then probly a Toyota Fords kill my back

Thanks.. I just knew he was constantly complaining..

ResizedImage_1435112318580_zpsaef2c770.jpg

ResizedImage_1435112317899_zps77a28cc8.jpg

ResizedImage_1435112317417_zpsde2160b8.jpg

ResizedImage_1435112316863_zps3a2588b7.jpg

easier to move these 3 now that the trees have been logged
ResizedImage_1435112315416_zps3ef142a7.jpg

ResizedImage_1435112320715_zps68e5e230.jpg

These are a pain in the azz to repair. Looks like It's been leaking for some time. Are you going to replace the intake manifold aswell .? They are made of some type of plastic and warp. You can buy from Ford for about 800.$ or Amazon for about 200$ +-. I know because I have been searching for the best deal for mine. Good luck.

kerley":16r7v5vh said:
These are a pain in the azz to repair. Looks like It's been leaking for some time. Are you going to replace the intake manifold aswell .? They are made of some type of plastic and warp. You can buy from Ford for about 800.$ or Amazon for about 200$ +-. I know because I have been searching for the best deal for mine. Good luck.

Yea I had it fixed in 4 hours biggest pain was getting the piece in the manifold..It was leaking for a while from that pipe I replaced. The intake had the plastic piece you are speaking of but was fine and intact. Easy job just so much crap you have to take loose and put back. I wish I could have sat in the engine compartment like the old 70's and 80's trucks

FM... looks good where were you when I was fencing my place.. Do you give free estimates in Va ? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Sky, if you lived down the road . You wouldn't need a estimate.I would just send them to you.
I have no doubt you'd be good for it. :tiphat:

fenceman":aza4e774 said:
Sky, if you lived down the road . You wouldn't need a estimate.I would just send them to you.
I have no doubt you'd be good for it. :tiphat:

Any land for sale near you ? :cowboy: ;-)

Latest posts