What else can I do?

Help Support CattleToday:

milkmaid":28ffuc3x said:
You should really quit swapping antibiotics though. If Nuflor is working, stick with it.

Nuflor worked well for me.

LarryShoat asked about the temperature and there is still no response. One does of Banamine is something else I would give, along with the Nuflor, if the gal is running a temp.

Z&J, you have received some good advice. 1) Develop a good relationship with a large animal practitioner. You may have to take him/her a few animals to get that relationship developed - because you will need to purchase some medicines that are available from the vet. only. 2) As mentioned before find something that works and stick with it. Nuflor is a good product for upper respiratory problems. Draxin, Excede and Baytril are also good products. Micotil also has its place. This is where working with a veterinarian who handles stocker cattle as a part of the practice would be beneficial. 3) LA 200 has been overused to the point of not being as effective as it once was. Part of this is due to being OTC.

If the stocker business was too easy, no one would be left to raise cows and calves.

Latest posts