What do you think of this black bull

Help Support CattleToday:

JMichal":2gkuq8qk said:
ALACOWMAN":2gkuq8qk said:
I agree 100%.. but when you live in a area that being sucked up with developers and housing you'll see what im talking about ,what was once beutiful farmland is house's stacked like domino's and with folks that dont know or care who their neighbors are.. i guess i need to move to montana then id see how lucky i am. :lol:

I had to move 2.5 years ago because of encroahment. It was allright, other farm brought in good $$. Sold just in time. Next time may be Montana for me. Somewhere N and W. Land there is high now. Alot of people buying for recreation. UGH! Well we all need to recreate. :drink:
that right every one is entitled ... thanks>> >i guess<< to a lull in the housing market a farmer near here was able to buy a 100+ acres that joins his. at auction with not much competition against the big money , and is going to put it in row crop.

Its a two sided sword.
Everyone wants a house and no one wants anybody to live next door.

I agree with the need to learn. BUT and thats a big BUT. There are is more than one way to go about this.
I bet he doesnt have 300 to 400 each in those kill cows.
Some will breed some will not. I bet he is a true "low input breeder"
So when you get a calf you make money on the first and cash thereafter.

Not the way I would do it, but I readily admit there are many that dont do it my way....

Ricker,

I am running some brangus cows and a commercial brangus bull. The brangus cows are bigger than that bull of yours.

If he is purebred, don't post the breeders name in this forum. Unless of course you want to give someone bad publicity.

If you are one of those folks just looking to get some cows bred cheap, he'll probably get it done.

I'm a "money grubbing" real estate agent selling ranches, and to a developer if he has the $$. That's the only way I can afford my ranching "habit".

I know that most everyone hates to see the countryside being developed into rows and rows of houses, but what is the alternative? Everyone is having babies, and the population keeps growing and growing. So where is everyone going to go? If there wasn't a demand, it wouldn't be an issue.

ok i see this every time someone post a pic about a bull there is always people who say they should have been a steer. so i would like to see those peole post pics of what they think is a perfect bull or i guess they should just post pics of their own bulls since im sure they are perfect.

js2743":npei0ivr said:
ok i see this every time someone post a pic about a bull there is always people who say they should have been a steer. so i would like to see those peole post pics of what they think is a perfect bull or i guess they should just post pics of their own bulls since im sure they are perfect.

JS, learn to live with it. Almost every post that is done about "their" bull will have their bull torn apart. It's been like that since I got in, anyway. It's easy for people to criticize someone elses bull - and sometimes the criticism does get harsh. I would rather the criticism not get personal, but that's the cold hard facts. So unless you can handle the criticism I suggest you don't put pics up. The bull in this thread should NOT have ever been left intact. If you cannot see that, then you need to start again and learn what proper conformation should look like. Having said that I will gladly post a pic of my main bull, curly. He's an Angus Plus. He's not perfect, but he's perfect for my operation

curly.jpg

cypressfarms":1lkk3zl6 said:
js2743":1lkk3zl6 said:

JS, learn to live with it. Almost every post that is done about "their" bull will have their bull torn apart. It's been like that since I got in, anyway. It's easy for people to criticize someone elses bull - and sometimes the criticism does get harsh. I would rather the criticism not get personal, but that's the cold hard facts. So unless you can handle the criticism I suggest you don't put pics up. The bull in this thread should NOT have ever been left intact. If you cannot see that, then you need to start again and learn what proper conformation should look like. Having said that I will gladly post a pic of my main bull, curly. He's an Angus Plus. He's not perfect, but he's perfect for my operation

curly.jpg
well the bull in this post looks better than theone in your pic here lol i have never posted a pic but i would just like to see peoples perfect bulls that they have is all.

Well the topic is "What do you thnk of this black bull"???? Now if you don't want opinions (and that's all they are) then don't ask the question. Personally I don't own a bull but right now we're AI breeding to Singletary of Brinks, and New Era of Brinks and Jesse of Brinks for 1st calf heifers. You can see their pics. at http://www.campcooley.com if you're interested. Heck they're probalby not perfect either but lots of folks use them.

While I do think its hard to take pictures of animals (I've taken numerous pictures of my new red poll bull and to me none of them seem to portray him as I see him so there is something to do with angles, height, etc...... ).

From looking at your cows, IMHO, you need a simmental or limo bull on these to improve your calves. If you aren't keeping heifers, I'd go with a limo. But you didn't ask that question.

I think you should look for a better quality bull. Communication is the key to any partnership. Perhaps your friend thought that the goal is to have calves..... there are a lot of folks out there that just simply want a "live" calf every year. I also expect an aged bull to be able to cover at least 50 head, especially if your calving period is extended. We have more than one bull only because we're leasing pasture and the fields aren't more than about 20-30 acres.

js2743":310nalq1 said:
well the bull in this post looks better than theone in your pic here lol i have never posted a pic but i would just like to see peoples perfect bulls that they have is all.

I guess that shows your level of bull evaluation.

Latest posts