What do you do?

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman":3h7d0agk said:
I do as little as possible and I take lots of business trips to Arkansas
now My wife on the other hand runs a full time beef operation, is an accountant,secretary, domestic goddess, tractor driver, cow feeder, hay baler, veterinarian, fence builder, business manager, camp cook and hostess,taxi driver, Grammy,Gate opener,parts runner, mechanic,inventory clerk,SWCD supervisor. fire department trustee and probably a few others that I have forgot
I am sure jed can come up with some other things she does

I always wondered how the jet setters managed things. Now I know. :lol2: :lol2:

Jogeephus":corgegj3 said:
Angus Cowman":corgegj3 said:
now My wife on the other hand runs a full time beef operation, is an accountant,secretary, domestic goddess, tractor driver, cow feeder, hay baler, veterinarian, fence builder, business manager, camp cook and hostess,taxi driver, Grammy,Gate opener,parts runner, mechanic,inventory clerk,SWCD supervisor. fire department trustee and probably a few others that I have forgot
I am sure Jed can come up with some other things she does

I always wondered how the jet setters managed things. Now I know. :lol2: :lol2:
I sure ain't no jet setter it is all downhill everytime I go to Arkansas :lol:
oh I forgot she is a retired insurance claim adjuster also, that job paid a LOT better than all of the ones she has now :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

3waycross":12b1bs5r said:
TexasBred":12b1bs5r said:
Let's see....bridge construction, social worker, accountant, banker, consultant, gigalo and now part time pimp and don't mind telling you "times are hard" these days. :cry2:

I thought Pimp covered all of those professions except maybe the bridge part. :clap:

The gigalo part also requires explanation. I'm looking to offer that as part of re-branding myself. :tiphat:

john250":n828kiib said:
The gigalo part also requires explanation. I'm looking to offer that as part of re-branding myself. :tiphat:

Perhaps your fav sales person at your local western store could give you some uh... tips. :p

Thirteen yrs in the lead mines and 3 in the limestone mines before they shut down. On my 18th yr teaching now, sorta. Used to really teach, now just teach the test.

piedmontese":18t7d45w said:
i own a masonry construction company and i also put on boxing events.i am looking in to opening a restaurant that will have an all diet menu.if u look around u when u r out n public there are alot of people that r fat.

That's true, but the reason they're fat is because they don't go to restaurants that have all diet menus. :tiphat:

I have always turn wrenches for a living, from trucks, construction equipment, ag equipment to my current job industrial and commercial floor care equipment. It pays the bills, cows are a part time thing. Or so I thought, seems like it is full time more and more.

Angus Cowman":wj2f2p0r said:
Boy AC told the truth on that one. Not sure what else she does but also has to take care of AC an she must feel much like this sometimes :bang:

farmwriter":1dsvyf5l said:
john250":1dsvyf5l said:

Perhaps your fav sales person at your local western store could give you some uh... tips. :p

I need more marketing power than that. Selling 60 yr old gigolos takes a lot of talent.

jedstivers":rwjhun0o said:
Angus Cowman":rwjhun0o said:
Boy AC told the truth on that one. Not sure what else she does but also has to take care of AC an she must feel much like this sometimes :bang:
I try to make sure she has plenty to do when I take my trips to Jed's because I am afraid that if she has any free time and goes with me down there Jed may try to hire her
and then things would go to he77 in a hand basket around here pretty darn quick

VanC":3232qzva said:
piedmontese":3232qzva said:
i own a masonry construction company and i also put on boxing events.i am looking in to opening a restaurant that will have an all diet menu.if u look around u when u r out n public there are alot of people that r fat.

That's true, but the reason they're fat is because they don't go to restaurants that have all diet menus. :tiphat:
they dont go because there not many of them.wichita and surrounding area has almost a half million and there is no diet restaurant.i am not talkn about a few things on the menu that r 4 dieters.a whole menu for dieters.

piedmontese":1xugckfk said:
VanC":1xugckfk said:
piedmontese":1xugckfk said:

they dont go because there not many of them.wichita and surrounding area has almost a half million and there is no diet restaurant.i am not talkn about a few things on the menu that r 4 dieters.a whole menu for dieters.

Sounds like a good idea. I had 3 stints put in the heart in Sept. They keep preaching LOW SODIUM. We don't eat out as much anymore.
Bear

well for 9 years I worked as a in house appraiser, for lending company. With out saying to much, I was under pressure to appraise property for more than it was worth for the last several years. I would not do it nor would i give in. Well Nov. 5th 2010 it caught up with me and the CEO walked in a fired me. So I have got to be at home this calving season. To make things worse, my wife is currently in law school and we have two living expenses. So if anyone knows of any job opening or someone needs some help i am free. :D :help: Only problem is that we are currently snowed in with 8 inches of snow. I know this is not a lot to some people but in AL this shuts the state down. So it might be the end of the week before I could start. :lol2:

Auburn_Ag":29ylcj8k said:
well for 9 years I worked as a in house appraiser, for lending company. With out saying to much, I was under pressure to appraise property for more than it was worth for the last several years. I would not do it nor would i give in. Well Nov. 5th 2010 it caught up with me and the CEO walked in a fired me. So I have got to be at home this calving season. To make things worse, my wife is currently in law school and we have two living expenses. So if anyone knows of any job opening or someone needs some help i am free. :D :help: Only problem is that we are currently snowed in with 8 inches of snow. I know this is not a lot to some people but in AL this shuts the state down. So it might be the end of the week before I could start. :lol2:

Sorry to hear that AA. There are mortgage fraud cases still being investigated for that very thing.
Bear

piedmontese":1zvp89ze said:
VanC":1zvp89ze said:
piedmontese":1zvp89ze said:

Myself I would rather look on a sign or menu and see something like "nutritious, Healthy food" than "diet" One is appealing, the other is...well, you know.

off the sub here,but im not giving up eating unheathy foods.i gave up my snuff 8yrs ago an that was bad enough.

Latest posts