What do you do?

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338":1cpkvdlc said:
off the sub here,but im not giving up eating unheathy foods.i gave up my snuff 8yrs ago an that was bad enough.
My body is so used to having the snuff I'm afraid I would keel over dead with a chemical imbalance. :shock:

Suzie Q":35zlw9n1 said:
bear maybe you could get paid as a whistle blower.

Not real sure what the intent of your post is but I seem to have hit a nerve! I think the IRS/US Treasury Dept has been doing a pretty good job lately in this part of the country anyway.

Greed and pressure from higher ups as AA describes has been a huge factor in the U.S. residential construction and loan melt down. Should have been some whistle blowing long before now. Maybe honest people like AA would not be out of a job!
Bear

Isomade":3th5evxt said:
bigbull338":3th5evxt said:
off the sub here,but im not giving up eating unheathy foods.i gave up my snuff 8yrs ago an that was bad enough.
My body is so used to having the snuff I'm afraid I would keel over dead with a chemical imbalance. :shock:

Or you will do like I did. Get tired of waking up every day wondering if this is the day you get to tell your family that you have cancer because you didn't have the willpower to quit.

It was looking at my children and knowing that I needed to be there for them that was the final straw for me. If you need to know a really good method for getting off snuff PM me I would be glad to help.

Wildlife management major in college. Last 37 years commercial/residential plumbing. 23 of the last 37 years as mechanical/plumbing contractor.
Building Codes Consultant with emphasis in plumbing. Spend my spare time and the last couple of years preparing our farm for high quality hay production.
Bear

bear":2t1b846a said:
Suzie Q":2t1b846a said:
bear maybe you could get paid as a whistle blower.

Not real sure what the intent of your post is but I seem to have hit a nerve! I think the IRS/US Treasury Dept has been doing a pretty good job lately in this part of the country anyway.

It was tongue in cheek. You don't get paid for being a whistle blower, if anything death threats and bullying is the norm.

Over here there is now legislation to protect whistleblowers I believe.

I do artificial insemenation on dairies for the bulk of our money but I also run a registered herd of beef cattle, bees, citrus, and walnuts. Except for a brief run-in with the military, I've been in ag all my life and have it set up to where I should be able to keep it that way. Within the next few years I'm planning on cutting back the insemenation business and growing the registered herd and farming.

Let's see......retired son and free labor provider for 45 years, retired hog farmer for7 years, retired carpenter for 26 years and probably soon to be a retired rancher for 19 years (so far).

What the future holds? Don't have a clue.

OH wait!...the question was "What do you do?" ....Right now it is as little as possible cause it cost so dam much to try to do anything for what you get in return.

Been self employed for 40 yrs. Commercial Fisherman has been my main occupation, I also guide hunters, ranch and farm. Been blessed most my life, can't beat hunting and fishing.

Assistant director for our school district's child nutrition program. Read that to say "glorified lunch lady". :) And
help the son with his few cows. That's my favorite part.

highgrit":3kixkwn3 said:
Been self employed for 40 yrs. Commercial Fisherman has been my main occupation, I also guide hunters, ranch and farm. Been blessed most my life, can't beat hunting and fishing.

Nice.......what do you fish commercially ?

0206101209.jpg

This pays the bills. The cows keep me sane.