what do you consider the most dangerous

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5":famp2twj said:
TennesseeTuxedo":famp2twj said:
Gosh, based on the horror stories around this place I would have thought cattle and hippos would have been neck and neck in the rankings.

Come on cows, step up your game!
Refer to my original statement

So you can't see hippos? I guess you can only see hippos at the zoo.
Might be one hiding in your bushes right now.
Pretty Scary! :hide:

:lol2:

I'm surprised at how few horses kill... I wonder how that looks for injuries.. I know cows can kick, but nothing quite like horses.. and then all the riding accidents.

I'm also rather surprised at the hippo count.. I know they're some fierce animals, I'm more surprised that people don't give them a bit a wider berth.

Nesikep":101y39tb said:
I'm surprised at how few horses kill... I wonder how that looks for injuries.. I know cows can kick, but nothing quite like horses.. and then all the riding accidents.

I'm also rather surprised at the hippo count.. I know they're some fierce animals, I'm more surprised that people don't give them a bit a wider berth.
Most hippo attacks take a place in the water or near the water. Also some attacks happened at night.

But hippos are pretty much limited to 1 continent...

I remember a hippo at a zoo, would stand at the fence and open it's mouth for you to put grass in it.. it would just hold it open for a minute or two, or until you got about a half a bale into it. then it would swallow it and open up again for more... certainly not a good example of how dangerous they are

M-5":1csoxm7g said:

When you consider the number of horses to cattle then horses are nearly 9 times more dangerous than a cow.

Hippos have to be rank which probably explains the lack of ear tags in the herd.

Worked with a guy years ago whose parents were missionaries to Africa. He said the earliest memory in his life was of a native woman being made into lunch by a crocodile. I would think that crocodiles rate right up there with hippo's. It is always scarier to have something that wants to eat you after it kills you as opposed to something that just wants to kill you.

Lord please nobody take this wrong. I believe there is a very good reason many people of African heritage don't like the water..

Dave":oe35umm9 said:
Worked with a guy years ago whose parents were missionaries to Africa. He said the earliest memory in his life was of a native woman being made into lunch by a crocodile. I would think that crocodiles rate right up there with hippo's. It is always scarier to have something that wants to eat you after it kills you as opposed to something that just wants to kill you.
NO idea how many are killed every year as they leave no evidence unless someone else sees it.

TexasBred":nm864prd said:
Dave":nm864prd said:
NO idea how many are killed every year as they leave no evidence unless someone else sees it.[/quote
NO IDEA.. That's gotta be a first. :mrgreen: ]

fenceman":2d5w4w1e said:
TexasBred":2d5w4w1e said:
Dave":2d5w4w1e said:
NO idea how many are killed every year as they leave no evidence unless someone else sees it.[/quote

Nothing like good friends.

fenceman":39s9qm7q said:
TexasBred":39s9qm7q said:
Dave":39s9qm7q said:

I wrote it down as I have been arguing with that hammerhead for years and he finally slipped and put it
in writing.

:pop:

My wife while she's having hot flashes...... I'll take a charging hippo. :?

Caustic Burno":2j4ed18r said:

I wrote it down as I have been arguing with that hammerhead for years and he finally slipped and put it
in writing.

:pop:[/quote]
You cheated...I had already secretly told you twice I had no idea. :lol2:

Nesikep":1yeau5ac said:
But hippos are pretty much limited to 1 continent...

I remember a hippo at a zoo, would stand at the fence and open it's mouth for you to put grass in it.. it would just hold it open for a minute or two, or until you got about a half a bale into it. then it would swallow it and open up again for more... certainly not a good example of how dangerous they are
try two continents. There's a feral population of hippos in south america.

Latest posts